Songs that rap- Dissident's rap/hip-hop thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Songs that rap- Dissident's rap/hip-hop thread

I think I may have had one of these before a year or two ago. What I'm looking for is new rap artists that are heavy. I like heavy things. Whether it be metal, classical music (yes this can be heavy), and rap. I don't care for the light stuff or the commercial stuff you see on tv. Because of this I am out of the loop. I can't keep up with the underground stuff, because I don't know anyone who listens to it. And you don't get the good stuff on tv because of language and other issues.

Because looking through my collection, most of my rap is old school stuff. And I still consider it rap. I don't know what exactly hip/hop is- I always considered hop/hop to be mainstream rap. . I want heavy bass and heavy lyrics. I realized that cypress hill is probably the only newer rap band/artist I have been listening to. There has to be someone else out there.

How is Eminem? I never listened to him because his name seemed so stupid. It looks too much like Emena. And I admit I may be biased against white rappers. But I do like the Beastie Boys- yaa so sue me- they are cool. . And that one song Eminem does for the 8 mile movie promos sounded cool. Anything by him any good?

P.S. This is really a recommend Dissident some rap music thread. I just felt that name was overused . So feel free to recommend me some new, heavy bass, heavy lyrics rap.

Comment

Eminem is good. The best MC out there right now.
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Heavy Eminem? Hmm, try "The Way I Am." The song you liked from the 8 Mile previews was probably "Lose Yourself," because it seems to have a sort of infectious appeal.

Some other songs you might like:

One Mic by Nas
        Forgot About Dre (featuring Eminem) by Dr. Dre
        Nothing but G Thang (featuring Snoop Dogg) by Dr. Dre

I will think of more later.
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Oh! Sing for the Moment by Eminem.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

dre

eminem isn't that good, although i heard a great remix of 'the way i am' a few months back which really made that song soun great.
            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

bump

Comment

bah... eminem is a waste of talent... f- him...

I don't know what this heavy rap thing means... I don't know about rap rock or nothing like that... 2pac was probably the hardest rapper around and his album that just came out (better dayz) is pretty damn good. But if you want someone new, Cormega is hot... you probably won't see too many of his songs online cause he's still relatively street... he got no videos, no airplay, etc. but this is good because his songs are usually 2-3 minutes long without no rnb singers singing the chorus, etc. Scarface has been around since 88 I think and he released an album this year that is also good. He gets a lot of respect as being one of the first gangster rappers but don't let that deter you cause he is one of the more intelligent of rappers

Mobb Deep is very dark with their piano melody beats and their dark, violent lyrics. They not like eminem talking all stupidly about raping people... they are more serious. Also peep Prodigy, a member of Mobb Deep, who also has a solo career.

thanks
                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

yeah I didn't mean metal-rap. Most of that sucks anyways

2pac was alright. Basically I like stuff that sounds like gangsta rap. But it doesn't have to actually be gangta rap . but I do find the hardship songs about killing and stuff to be the best. They can be kind of negative, but it hard hitting lyrics really do it for me.

Comment

Mobb Deep will probably be perfect for you... their second and third albums (Infamous and Hell on Earth) are some of their best... Murda Muzik is also pretty consistant... (aint the titles appealing? )

thanks
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

sound like what I'm looking for .

Comment

try to avoid their album Infamy from 2002... that one is commercialized... their single is a love song... bizarre for their style. Stick to their stuff from 95-98

thanks

Comment

I don't think I can emphasize this enough.

JEDI MIND TRICKS!!!!!!!!!!

This is the best rap period. I will also recommend to you what is possibly the greatest rap album ever (aside from Psycho Social... and Violent by Design from Jedi Mind Tricks) - Wutang Clan - Enter the Wutang: 36 Chambers.
                          "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

OK, I have Kazaa lite fired up right now.- downloading

Comment

Hehe... my participation level on Kazaa Lite is like 850 right now.

If you can I would recommend getting these specific tracks:
                              Winds of War
                              Sacrifice
                              Heavenly Design (Remix)

They're all good though.
                              "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Working...
                              X