What ganja did Jesus smoke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some links on medicinal use of cannabis:

The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online

Oh, and with reference to Jesus curing blindness with cannabis:

"Glaucoma is the second-largest cause of blindness, and affects 1.5% of 50-year olds and 5% of seventy-year olds... Standard treatments have unpleasant or dangerous side effects, and have little effect on intraocular pressures in end-stage glaucoma. Cannabis however lowers intraocular pressures dramatically, with none of the serious side effects. Patients who find that standard medicines do not help their conditions report that smoking cannabis quickly restores their vision. Many long-term glaucoma patients have successfully maintained their sight using cannabis for 20 or 25 years, and avoided the gradual painful deterioration to blindness that is otherwise inevitable."

- http://www.ukcia.org/medical/glaucoma.php
    I have discovered that China and Spain are really one and the same country, and it's only ignorance that leads people to believe they are two seperate nations. If you don't belive me try writing 'Spain' and you'll end up writing 'China'."
    Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

It seems unlikely that it was a major part of healing miracles and so on.

However cannabis oil is probably just one of the herbal/chemical remedies that have some potency and were used in ancient times --willowbark was used as painkiller and 9 year Merlot as disinfectant.

Many remedies did have some effect as a cure, some made things worse. It seems perfectly reasonable that weed was used as a remedy back then...

The only reason this article has any weight is the controversy over the modern use of cannabis. Don't y'all think thats a seperate issue?

Still it puts wind up the American fundies and thats fun, so way-hey, Jesus chased the dragon.
      Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

Originally posted by Graag
        Some links on medicinal use of cannabis:

The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online

Oh, and with reference to Jesus curing blindness with cannabis:

"Glaucoma is the second-largest cause of blindness, and affects 1.5% of 50-year olds and 5% of seventy-year olds... Standard treatments have unpleasant or dangerous side effects, and have little effect on intraocular pressures in end-stage glaucoma. Cannabis however lowers intraocular pressures dramatically, with none of the serious side effects. Patients who find that standard medicines do not help their conditions report that smoking cannabis quickly restores their vision. Many long-term glaucoma patients have successfully maintained their sight using cannabis for 20 or 25 years, and avoided the gradual painful deterioration to blindness that is otherwise inevitable."

- http://www.ukcia.org/medical/glaucoma.php
        Most standard treatments for glaucoma are eye drops! Side effects are extremely uncommon. Controlled studies of marijuana use for treatment of glaucoma showed it to be the weakest treatment.

I've had many patients with glaucoma. Most of them developed the disease in their 60s. The eye drops available these days rarely fail to control the disease. Very few of them are going to live 20 to 25 years!

The proposed use of marijuana to control epilepsy is ludicrous. According to the article the incidental reports date back to the 19th century, at a time when medical researchers had difficulty distinguishing conversions syndromes for the real thing!

Do you have any proof that cannabis can be absorbed through the skin? There are lots of things that can be dissolved in oils and still aren't absorbed throught the skin.
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Graag

It has also been proven to cure/alleviate a number of ailments of the modern world, that modern medicine cannot touch (e.g pain caused by ME,
          You think that marijuana is the cure to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and the Islamic Jihad? May I remind you that one of the early groups of violent Islamic extremists, the Assassins, used hashish to prepare themselves for battle? Oh heck yes! Let's give all the heavily armed people of the world humongous amounts of a hallucinogen to make them put down their arms. Heck! We should even give it to the airmen who man America's strategic missle silos and the submariners in the navy's missle subs.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Most standard treatments for glaucoma are eye drops! Side effects are extremely uncommon. Controlled studies of marijuana use for treatment of glaucoma showed it to be the weakest treatment.

I've had many patients with glaucoma. Most of them developed the disease in their 60s. The eye drops available these days rarely fail to control the disease. Very few of them are going to live 20 to 25 years!

The proposed use of marijuana to control epilepsy is ludicrous. According to the article the incidental reports date back to the 19th century, at a time when medical researchers had difficulty distinguishing conversions syndromes for the real thing!

Do you have any proof that cannabis can be absorbed through the skin? There are lots of things that can be dissolved in oils and still aren't absorbed throught the skin.
            Ok, we've established I know little about glaucoma and eppilepsy. The Jesus was probably bollocks, but the fact remains it is a highly effective painkiller for a number of nasty illnesses. Since you appear so well qualified, I'd be curious about your opinion on the medicinal use of cannabis, good Dr.

You think that marijuana is the cure to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and the Islamic Jihad? May I remind you that one of the early groups of violent Islamic extremists, the Assassins, used hashish to prepare themselves for battle? Oh heck yes! Let's give all the heavily armed people of the world humongous amounts of a hallucinogen to make them put down their arms. Heck! We should even give it to the airmen who man America's strategic missle silos and the submariners in the navy's missle subs.
            Huh?!??!?!? Hey pot is good, but I never said it was gonna bring about world peace!
            I have discovered that China and Spain are really one and the same country, and it's only ignorance that leads people to believe they are two seperate nations. If you don't belive me try writing 'Spain' and you'll end up writing 'China'."
            Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

I'd say Dr. S has had some bad experiences, judging by his rather violent reaction...
              Talent Optional

Comment

Maybe he was the victim of some marijuana related child abuse...

legalize it!
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

What is wrong with you people? Have you ever seen the tradgedy of a marijuana overdose? If you ever saw a naked OD'd corpse tragically suffocated by inhaling a bag of corn chips from a fit of the munchies, you would all sing a different tune.
                  "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                  —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

Working...
                  X