Bush to annonce $600 Bn Tax Cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [conservative rant]
    No! Private charities will help them and without those restrictive laws, the trickle down economics will actually give them more money. PLus, if they can't afford the necessities, that means they are lazy and aren't working hard enough
    [/conservative rant]

hey DD... could I be part of your conservative crew? I'm getting the hang of this.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• How about for non - teenage population. What was the reduction?

Except for teenagers and a small percentage of seniors, there are very, very few people that make the minimum wage.

What I don't get is that if you use the EITC, and abolish the minimum wage, people like Janitors will get paid very little money (unless they are part of a union)

They are part of a union. The people that will be most effected are people that work at McDonalds and there wages will not fall by that much at all. Maybe to $4.50 at worst. Remember during the boom, McDonalds and its ilk were paying significantly ABOVE the min wage to get workers. I remember my brother got a job there for $6/hour.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• ANother thing to consider Imran would also be the cost of living. If you live in the Midwest and make $30,000 a year, you are well off. However, if you live in San Francisco, it is very very difficult to live with anything under $40,000 a year. A person earning minimum wage in San Francsico ($5.75 an hour) will make about $17,000 a year, not nearly enough to live. Even if you include overtime (at 1.5 times the rate ) and work two hours of overtime per day, in one year that will only bring in another $7000 about. Now, if all of the poor people move out of the city, then who's gonna wipe the floors and serve the burgers?

Now image how people live if they make less then what the minimum wage is right now.
        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Working...
        X