Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Human - Dolphin communication. Can you dig it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
    I'd like to take this opportunity to dig out an old sig of mine.

"What if dolphins talk **** too?"
    A tired dolphin drifted to the edge of the pool when he arrived. Makakai greeted him with a trinary poem too quick to catch, but it sounded amiably nasty. Something about his sex life. Dolphins had been telling humans dirty jokes for thousands of years before men finally started breeding them for brains and for speech, and began to understand. Makakai might be a lot smarter than her ancestors, Jacob thought, but her sense of humor was strictly dolphin.
    -- David Brin: Sundiver
    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
      CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
      Why'd you shoot Cyrus?

No reason. I just like doing things like that.
      Attached Files
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

The man himself!

Discover the latest breaking news in CA and around the world — politics, weather, entertainment, lifestyle, finance, sports and much more.
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

It was the warriors. The warriors!
          I have discovered that China and Spain are really one and the same country, and it's only ignorance that leads people to believe they are two seperate nations. If you don't belive me try writing 'Spain' and you'll end up writing 'China'."
          Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

It would be interesting if we found out that all Dolphins ever thought was "IwanttodiepleasekillmeIwanttodiepleasekillmeIwantt odiepleasekillme..."
            "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
            "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

I'm all for communicating with dolphins, provided they have something useful to tell us. If they don't, then why bother?
              "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Because then they could make fun of Fez too.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Now, when Stefu's here, let's look at his sig and laugh at ari.

DISLCAIMER: UUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Comment

I'm all for communicating with dolphins, of course. Just not communicating in the way one would think of first .
                    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Speaking of dolphins, the song I'm currently listening to is:

Dead Can Dance & Tangerine Dream: Piece for Solo Flute and Dolphin Dance

... and it rocks. Well, a little. It's the best song I know for getting into the right mood, but otherwise it's rather bland (if you can use that word for music).

Comment

Japanese toymaker Takara has marketed a device called the "Bowlingual" which translates dog barking into Japanese. There are now working on an upgrade that will allow you to receive emails from your dog while you're at work.
                        Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

Working...
                        X