Boy, 6, dies after being shot by sister, 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jules

Well, suppose you're held up by a gunman, you manage to wrestle the gun from him, but it won't fire because the gun won't recognize your fingerprints. Bang! You're dead.
    thats why god invented pistol whipping.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX

thats why god invented pistol whipping.
      Yep, and the europeans gun control...
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

but the NRA and it's kin are fighting this technology, for some reason.

Most misinformation by the anti-gun lobby? The NRA isn't fighting the technology but fighting making it MANDATORY! There is a BIIIIG difference.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Most misinformation by the anti-gun lobby? The NRA isn't fighting the technology but fighting making it MANDATORY! There is a BIIIIG difference.
          point taken.
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Yes, with this technology one could not report one's gun as stolen and then go out and use it because the police would know that you were the only one who could have fired it anyway!
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
              Do you think that there are any circumstances under which public policy should be made based upon the assessment of the probability of risks versus benefits? What is the likelihood of you wrestling a gun from a gunman versus the likelihood of someone who is not supposed to have a particular gun, i.e., a child or a thief, promulgating a tragedy? Be honest.
              I didn't say this was a very likely scenario, but it sounds like something the NRA might say.
              "People sit in chairs!" - Bobby Baccalieri

Comment

Canada needs gun control!!!!!!! damn 51st state is getting out of control.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                  Canada needs gun control!!!!!!! damn 51st state is getting out of control.
                  seriously. and they have too many french.

Comment

We're spending billions of dollars creating a gun registry. That'll stop gun crimes, according to the Liberals.

And yes, too many French.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                      We're spending billions of dollars creating a gun registry. That'll stop gun crimes, according to the Liberals.
                      whats stopping a canuck from hopping on a moose and riding it into the states to buy a gun?

Comment

Border guards, if they catch you.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Border guards, if they catch you.
                          how fast can a moose go these days?

and what if you shoved the gun in the moose?

Comment

The horses the RCMP use can outrun a moose, sadly.

Comment

The horses the RCMP use can outrun a moose, sadly.
                              but a moose can use it's antlers on the horse and the RCMP officer if the need be.

if you tried to legally cross the border on a moose, what would they say/do?

Comment

guns that scan your hands are also good if a criminal takes a gun away from you. Which is likely as criminals have less hesitation than the average law abider.

But technology is not viable yet. Because this technology has to be approved by police forces (because cops get their guns taken away too). But to be approved by police forces it has to be durable and still have 100% accuracy on the fingerprint tech. Durability is a problem still as a gun firing puts a lot of shock through the gun. And you have batteries and such that must resist getting wet. It's a technological nightmare.

gunlocks are available today everwhere. People should use them if they have kids. I don't use a gun lock because I have no kids. Plus I want it to be readily available. A gun is worthless if you are still fumbling around with the lock when the bad guy comes in your room.

Comment

Working...
                                X