What's the Difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
    If you don't consider the widespread use of nerve gas on an unarmed civilian population as evil then I really don't give much concern for your moral standards because you're clearly mad.
    I haven't seen any evidence of that, and I don't consider anything 'evil'. Quite simply, I do not think we can judge what is evil or not, since it depends on the individuals moral code, thus I do not consider it a concept. I do not agree with Saddam, I do not like what he does, but I will never brand someone evil. All they are is a combination of their parent's genes and their experiences, most in early life. I don't see how you can hold someone accountable for that. You can hold him accountable for his actions, and can brand an action an 'evil' action at a pinch, but to brand a person evil. He can control his actions, he cannot control his personality.
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

• I'm surprised the United States never used the School of America to train terrorists to crash planes into tall buildings, before the Al-Quieda thought of doing it.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• I'm surprised you haven't figured out that no one finds that topic very interesting. What is there to say about it besides it's a crappy thing to have around and that we should shut it down? Not much. Boring discussion.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• So no one is upset that the United States sponsors terrorism?

No one is upset that we're bull****ting ourselves with the war against terrorism, while United States sponsors terrorism?

Then those people not interested, probably don't value human life very much, not to mention having consistent values within our own government.

Comment

• Read my prior post.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drogue

I haven't seen any evidence of that, and I don't consider anything 'evil'. Quite simply, I do not think we can judge what is evil or not, since it depends on the individuals moral code, thus I do not consider it a concept. I do not agree with Saddam, I do not like what he does, but I will never brand someone evil. All they are is a combination of their parent's genes and their experiences, most in early life. I don't see how you can hold someone accountable for that. You can hold him accountable for his actions, and can brand an action an 'evil' action at a pinch, but to brand a person evil. He can control his actions, he cannot control his personality.
              "We are what we do repeatedly"- Aristotle.

He's evil.
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Ok. I can understand where Aristotle is coming from, however I do not agree. I think we know many thing snow that Aristotle did not have access to then, and such even he may be of different opinion now. Anyway, feel free to believe that, but I shall never condemn anyone as being evil.
                Last edited by Drogue; January 7, 2003, 19:05.
                Smile
                For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

• Have you already posted how you participate in any organization to better things, Mr Fun ?
                  Did I miss that, I guess ?
                  Have you said what you would do as alternatives ?
                  You probably did, and I missed that also.
                  How about addressing the woefully late date that this action is taking place?
                  Dang. I got to get different glasses, I guess.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Drogue

Yes, I believe they should have stopped there. Indeed they tried. Haig I think to was (unless I've got the wrong) wanted us to be lenient on Germany, to keep it as a trading ally, and was against complete invasion and occupation. Sadly, it was not his decision though. However I don't think it was a massive failing that they did, like I don't think it was a massive failing that the UN did not stop at defending Kuwaitm, although I do feel it should not have been done. A difference between Germany and Iraq is that Germany was a threat to all fighting against her, whereas Iraq posed no threat to the USA or UK. I do understand why we went to Iraq, but I feel the UNs mandate only goes so far as defense. If Iraq had invaded the US, I would feel better about invading Iraq.

Germany tried to make peace with England? Not as far as I've read, if you have a source I would be interested. Moreover, we had alliances that we would enforce the neutrality of Belgium. I would have been in favour of stopping at Germany's borders, but even those were disputed at the time. WW1 I'm afraid I know little about so cannot really comment.
                    Does the name Rudolph Hess mean anything to you?

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
                      Have you already posted how you participate in any organization to better things, Mr Fun ?
                      Did I miss that, I guess ?
                      Have you said what you would do as alternatives ?
                      You probably did, and I missed that also.
                      How about addressing the woefully late date that this action is taking place?
                      Dang. I got to get different glasses, I guess.
                      I have read about the protests that were carried out in the past by other groups against the School of America.

If you can point me to websites of these protest groups, I will be interested in learning more about what I can do to protest the United State's sponsorship of terrorism.

Comment

• Re: What's the Difference?

Originally posted by David Floyd
                        In the latest thread about Iraq, I made the comment that if the US attacks Iraq, I hope that the US loses, or at least takes a massive military beating.

Obviously, I got jumped on because of that comment. I even got called a traitor (oh no, not THAT ).

But my question is, why is it OK for US soldiers to kill Iraqis, but not OK for Iraqis to kill US soldiers? Why is it OK to wish that the US conducts a bloodless (for the US) campaign, destroying the Iraqi military (and incidentally killing thousands), but not OK to wish that the US gets frustrated in its aggression, and takes several thousand (several tens of thousands, even) of casualties?

I just don't see the difference. Maybe someone can help me out here.
                        I will never respond to your posts again, or read threads you start.......................I cannot imagine what could possibly fuel such stupidity.

Comment

• I will never respond to your posts again, or read threads you start.......................I cannot imagine what could possibly fuel such stupidity.
                          Yet another person who can't make an argument, and as such retires in shame
                          Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                          Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

• And you still have yet to respond.
                            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Respond to what? No one has actually addressed my initial question, that I have seen. The majority of the posts directed against me are simple attempts to justify a war on Iraq, which is not what I'm asking.
                              Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                              Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

• you are a dork!

BRING IT
                                The only reason I was gone for so long was because I hate you people!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X