Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has more meetings, Communists or Alcoholics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has more meetings, Communists or Alcoholics?

Alcoholics have meetings like, what, once a week or so? By this i mean like, mandatory meetings, required meetings. I guess in that case, most alcoholics don't have any, but if someone is like, court ordered to go to AA meetings. . . well, those are the alcoholics that i mean. Anyway. . .
    And so how often do Communists have meetings? I mean like, in a country where the government is communist, all the faithful party members have to get together and reassure eachother just how lucky they are to be communist, and how evil those western capitalist pig-dogs are. Aren't those meetings required?

This is a subject that came up during a discussion i was having with my friends the other day. It's very important that we resolve the issue.
    -connorkimbro
    "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Alcoholic communists meet the most. Ask Che.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

You know, we considered that, but then we decided that TRUE communists wouldn't use alcohol to excess, they would share their alcohol with everyone and anyone. And hence would not be alcoholics.

Mormons were high up on the list of "number of required meetings" too, but i don't really know much about them, and what kind of required meetings they have.
      -connorkimbro
      "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Is there a point to this thread, or is it just a bashing-fest?
        "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Who's bashing anyone?

Did you take some extra "sensitive" pills this morning or something?
          -connorkimbro

-theonion.com

Comment

Originally posted by connorkimbro
            You know, we considered that, but then we decided that TRUE communists wouldn't use alcohol to excess, they would share their alcohol with everyone and anyone. And hence would not be alcoholics.
            they'd have to make sure they have enough booze to liquor up the entire population then, i suppose.
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

If they all share, they all have more.
              Finally, the communist manifesto works.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I want more meetings.

You're right about Mormons, they do have a lot of meetings. At least three a week (counting Sunday activities as one meeting) if you are a regular active member, more if you are in one of the numerous leadership positions.
                If playground rules don't apply, this is anarchy! -Kelso

Comment

very funny thread title
                  We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                  If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                  Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Depending on the commie group, they can have meetings as often as once a week, but generally they are bi-weekly or even monthly. If something big is going down, say a war, then there might be more meetings.

And yes, people in Communist countries do share their alcohol. My understanding is that if you have an empty cup and your standing around chatting with your boys in Cuba, and one of them has a beer, he'll pour you some. Very comradely country, Cuba.

And I do know some alcoholic commies. They tend to be rather free with their licquor, cuz they don't like drinking alone. They tend to be shunned, however.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Woo-hoo! Che makes his appearance !

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                        Woo-hoo! Che makes his appearance!
                        I debated leaving it alone, just to make you sad.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Who?

Apolytonners...
                          Long time member @ Apolyton
                          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

alcoholic communists.

you're wrong thoug.

left wing progressive parties hold the most meetings.

and they are very interesting and intelectual/knowledgable.

the only downside is they dont make much difference

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                              but generally they are bi-weekly or even monthly.
                              Did you know that bi-weekly means both twice a week and once every two weeks?? We looked it up.
                              If playground rules don't apply, this is anarchy! -Kelso

Comment

Working...
                              X