Ping-Pong. Game of the Gods.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ping-Pong. Game of the Gods.

Try out the Ping-Pong (aka Table Tennis) game on this site. It's great fun and very addictive.

The 3 opponents are of different skill levels (Hee is the easies, Gump the hardest) and you get points depending on how badly you kick their ass.

Can you beat my top score?
    Attached Files
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

I alwaysed liked ping pong. When I was in college we used to play beer pong where the your opponent would have to take a drink out of his beer every time you get a point. If you ace him (get a point on serve) he has to pound the entire beer.

Yep, a great game to play. Especially with girls who can't drink as much as guys.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Actually, if you play it properly, Ben Scott is actually a harder opponent than Gump. And yes, I can beat your score... but not here on dial-up. IIRC my best performance is 11-0, 11-0 against Ti Hee, 11-0 11-2 against Scott and 11-1 11-1 against Gump.
      Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Originally posted by *End Is Forever*
        And yes, I can beat your score...
        Curses!

I agree that Scott is actually harder than Gump. The pace Gump plays at makes it easier on you.

Hee can actually be very awkward to play against because he's so slow.

Comment

It's actually a very good simulation. As a decent table-tennis player myself (played junior and senior country level and reached the top 50 in the country as a junior) I have to say if you play "properly" it definitely helps. Most online free games aren't anywhere near as realistic.

Comment

The Slotcar game on that site is good too.

Comment

Ti Hee is a doddle. Serve, and then sweep his return fast into the corners. He can only get about one in five of them back, and then you just repeat the dose.

Comment

If only I had played Junior County Table Tennis .... *sigh*

Comment

Comment

fun my cat liked it too

Is there a (lagless) MP version too ?
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

The best ping-pong player I ever knew was missing one arm at the elbow. He was amazing.
                      Talent Optional

Comment

ping-pong is great. It's one of a few games I was good at even though was still loosing many games with everyone...
                        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                        Middle East!

Comment

Cedric Greene at CGN has made the clean sweep:

alva: I think you have to pay for an MP version.

Comment

HA! Cool, other people play that game. I have beat all 3 computer opponents 11-0 11-0. Did you know you can cheat on the serve and get ridiculous spin, so much so that the ball moves horizontal? When it is your serve, hold your paddle up to the net so when the computer sets the ball it is transparent. You can then move the paddle slightly behind the ball and it won't turn back so you can't serve. You can however add spin to the ball. Do this once or twice then serve it with spin. The ball should hook so much that it's really hard to keep it on the table. Master this and your serve cannot be returned. Not that that really matters, it's pretty easy anyway. It's just cool to watch the ball spin like that.
                            "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Working...
                            X