Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China Launches 'Shenzhou IV' Unmanned Spacecraft

I am surprised that nobody has made a thread on it. From People's Daily:

China launched its fourth unmanned spacecraft "Shenzhou IV" early Monday morning with a "Long March II F" carrier rocket, a move that could soon lead to its manned space voyage.

Leading scientists in charge of China's manned space program said the successful launch of the "Shenzhou (divine vessel) IV" laid a solid foundation for the country's future task of sending Chinese astronauts to outer space.
    It is said that the PRC prepares to launch a manned mission some time late next year.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

...And China sticks its big toe into the 20th Century.

Now, if it'd only become a constituional democratic republic and fully embrace the free enterprise system, what a great country it would become.

Comment

What if the Chinese get to Mars first? Maybe a space race is in order.

Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

They need to get someone in orbit first. And bring him/her back! They have a bit to do before a Mars mission. At least a successful Mars mission.

Comment

"...And China sticks its big toe into the 20th Century."

Actually, I like to see it. It's reinventing a 50 year old wheel, but one step at a time I guess.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
            What if the Chinese get to Mars first?
            OMG, we must beat them there!! There is no way we can allow Mars to become known as a red planet!!!

Comment

IIRC it was 1958 when the first American when into space, the very yeah of my birth. I am now an old fart and the Chinese are almost there.

Well. We didn't win but they definately lost.

Comment

Now, now, they are making their way Westward as fast as they can. Why, in the other thread, UR noted that he purchased Capitalism II...

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

"red planet"

Comment

Working...
                  X