Clear All

• 70+ MPH gusts hitting my house.

This weather really blows...
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

little piggy little piggy LET ME IN!

No lalalalla - sorry dont know the rest of the lyrics

Comment

Picture this: 3AM, graveyard shift freight crew. Three grown men singing Christmas carols while splitting freight, until...Frosty the Snowman undid us.

All we could get was of the lyrics was the first line "Frosty the Snowman" until finally a woman from the day crew arrived and was happy to show her superiority...

"was a very jolly soul"...

and so it went.

Comment

Kids came to sing the traditional carols like every year.

But these last years more and more little albanian kids come to sing the carols.

But they dont know them! They just sing the first line and then its all gibberish.

So I said: stop. dont you have carols in albania?

they said: we do!

I said: well, sing them in albanian for me then!

they were very happy and they sang them in albanian. i didnt understand a thing but at least i didnt have to suffer through gibberish greek carols.

i remember when i went singing the carols with my friends.

we earned sums

Comment

I thought it was, "...a happy, jolly soul..."
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

paiktis, in the Phils the kids come around singing carols and won't stop until you give them a few pesos. Christmas, the season of extortion. Then, a group of older folks came around and Dolores told me "these are the poor from the nieghborhood" so we gave them extra. Then the drunks started and we gave them a bit too. It was kinda cool.

Mad Monk, yeah, yeah that's it...want a job splitting freight? You got the credentails...

Comment

How nice . Looks like I'm coming to Oregon in January-Februray.. good to know the weather is cool...
              But I think it sucks pretty much all the time in there.. ocean right next to you and mountains too.. gotta love that.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Well, it is the rainy season...it will still be the rainy season until May or June. It's great in the summer and fall.

Comment

We seem to be getting into a cyclical climate on the east coast -- only spring and summer is really dry, and autumn and winter is really wet.

Comment

Global warming...though that chilly draft coming in from the kitchen at 35 mph sure doesn't feel like it.

WHOOSH! BANG! Wonder what that was, power is still on...

Comment

Welcome to the Wonderful World of El Nino.

So far, L.A. has been lucky this year. Every storm (except one) which has come ripping in from the Pacific has passed just north of us. Santa Barbara & north has gotten drenched, but not us. Light showers due tonight and New Year's Eve, but the weather is looking great for the Rose Parade on New Year's Day.

BTW: What was that old movie in which Spencer Tracy had to name the eight reindeer. He came up with such great names as "Doc, Sleepy, Dopey . . ."

Comment

Storms have been coming in at maximum warp this year haven't they Zkribbler? I was amazed to see on the news LA streets under water at least once this year...

Lets see, there's Rudolph...ok, everyone else has to get one now too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                          I was amazed to see on the news LA streets under water at least once this year...
                          Yeah, but that wasn't so much because of the rain but rather because some of the locals have been dumping their trash into the storm drains and ooohhh surprise, they got plugged up.

Hmmm, reindeer: Relying upon Sam the Sham and the Pharohs, I'll add Bruce and Marvin and the great steed of the desert: Clyde. Muwwwwaaaaaahh!

Comment

Ahhh, all the news that's unfit to print, they didn't tell us about the garbage.

...Winkle and Dinkle...

Comment

...Heckle and Jeckle...

Comment

Working...
                              X