How do you make MP3's off a CD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you make MP3's off a CD?

Is there a better way than hooking up a cd player to the microphone jack and recording?
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Uhmm sure. In WinXP, Media Player has a functon Copy from CD or something.

Programs like Audiograbber or cdparanoia (Linux) let you do it too.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

well home chicken, get a "ripper", which will digitize the CD tracks.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Useful resources in the software world

LOL, I have never heard of anyone doing it that way...

freerip is the app I use.
        " Conceit, arrogance, and egotism are the essentials of patriotism." - Emma Goldman

William Seward Burroughs
        February 5, 1914 - August 2, 1997 R.I.P. Uncle Bill, you are missed.

Comment

Re: How do you make MP3's off a CD?

Originally posted by Albert Speer
          Is there a better way than hooking up a cd player to the microphone jack and recording?
          Yes: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

Comment

I use MusicMatch myself, but it was only the first program I came across, not the best I couldn't be bothered looking further. Lazy, I know, but such am I
            "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

thank you
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

thank you
                no problem home chicken.
                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Re: How do you make MP3's off a CD?

You're not being serious, are you
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                  X