No announcement yet.

"Turkey has the second largest number of troops in the NATO alliance"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No matter how much you praise the EU, you'll never be a true European. Just a dirty Slav .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

err, I thought Slavs WERE Europeans
      Pakistanis surely aren't

Comment

And why would Slavs be "dirty"?

Comment

Because they are Slavs Pattycakes. Everyone knows how dirty they are. They aren't really Europeans, just want to be ones. The French, Italians, and Germans just let them in for fun.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

ALL I KNOW IS TAHT IF THEY MADE TURKEY AND HUNGARY BE A COUNTRY TOGETHER THE PROBLEM WOULD BE SOLVVED HAHWNL,TOLDF

Comment

Turkey and Hungary? What's the connection? I mean other than Hungary was conquered by them for a while...

BTW, don't you just feel the love?
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Imran, Paiktis :
                "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

We like putting on a show .

Comment

"Pfffttt... last time we attacked them on expansionist war we sent them all the way to Ankara.

Just a bunch of rugclothed Greeks against an empire of 60 million and we almost got their capital."

Not telling the whole story, eh Pattycakes? Yes, you got to Ankara. But then you got sent back. All the way back. This was after WWI, where in spite of brave fighting, the allies had finally won a victory. The greeks tried to occupy Western Turkey because of the local Greek population. Greece, at this time mind you was part of the victorious allies. The Ottoman government had been reduced to a mere puppet state. This was when Ataturk began his resistance movement and launched a guerilla warfare, and eventually a full out war of independence emerged. Against all odds Ataturk to beat out the allies, and set the Greeks running west. Hell if it weren't for allied naval intervention, Ataturk might have even recaptured Athens. Greece failed to take over any of Anatolia as a result of Ataturk's heroism. Constantinople and Smyrna, once proud Greek lands during the byzantine empire, all fly the Turkish flag. This is a humiliation of all the Greek people that will remain forever and ever.
                    "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Because they are Slavs Pattycakes. Everyone knows how dirty they are. They aren't really Europeans, just want to be ones. The French, Italians, and Germans just let them in for fun.

ALL I KNOW IS TAHT IF THEY MADE TURKEY AND HUNGARY BE A COUNTRY TOGETHER THE PROBLEM WOULD BE SOLVVED HAHWNL,TOLDF

Very profound understanding of central european history. are you thinking about writing a book?

Comment

Constantinople and Smyrna, once proud Greek lands during the byzantine empire

People of Eastern Empire reffered to themselves as Romans, not Greeks...

Comment

ROFLEETV POEPLE IN HUNGARY ARE FEELING JUST THAT, THEN THOISE TURKS HAVE TURKEY DINNARS TO PROVIDE, BUTTONBAIT!!!

Comment

can I get a signed copy?

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                              "Pfffttt... last time we attacked them on expansionist war we sent them all the way to Ankara.

Just a bunch of rugclothed Greeks against an empire of 60 million and we almost got their capital."

Not telling the whole story, eh Pattycakes? Yes, you got to Ankara. But then you got sent back. All the way back. This was after WWI, where in spite of brave fighting, the allies had finally won a victory. The greeks tried to occupy Western Turkey because of the local Greek population. Greece, at this time mind you was part of the victorious allies. The Ottoman government had been reduced to a mere puppet state. This was when Ataturk began his resistance movement and launched a guerilla warfare, and eventually a full out war of independence emerged. Against all odds Ataturk to beat out the allies, and set the Greeks running west. Hell if it weren't for allied naval intervention, Ataturk might have even recaptured Athens. Greece failed to take over any of Anatolia as a result of Ataturk's heroism. Constantinople and Smyrna, once proud Greek lands during the byzantine empire, all fly the Turkish flag. This is a humiliation of all the Greek people that will remain forever and ever.
                              Tell the whole, whole story, Shi: Ataturk did that while fighting a three-front war, since the French and the Italians had also landed troops and were bent on taking parts of Anatolia for themselves. All were victorious WWI allies; all were defeated by the Turks.

I know, I know: the French, the Italians, and the Greeks; not much of a challenge.
                              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

When I was serving in Kosovo with the U.S. Army I got a chance to work with soldiers from a number of different countries both inside NATO and outside NATO. The Turks favorably impressed me; they looked like professional soldiers. I don't know if they would have been an effective fighting force but they dressed well, marched well, and their soldiers certainly had military discipline.

I can’t say I was as impressed by the Greek garrison in Kosovo. I don’t question the individual soldier’s valor and the greeks did have modern NATO weaponry but the officers seemed to be very laxed with the enlisted. This meant some of the enlisted got away with sleeping while on guard duty and many of them didn’t put any effort into wearing their uniforms properly. Of course this could have just been how one commanding officer ran things and other Greek units might be totally different but this is the only Greek unit which I have ever worked with.

Speaking of the Greek company’s commanding officer he was without a doubt the absolutely FATEST military officer I have ever seen. I mean he was easily over 300 pounds (and only about 5 foot 9 inches tall)! Even his own soldiers had taken to calling him “fat bastard” while other officers and NCOs were around. Still the guy knew how to party; I’ll never forget going the Orthodox new year celibration he throw. Everyone got hammered on Ouzo and then started dancing on the tables and breaking dishes agaisnt the wall. They even finished it off by firing their pistols into the air! The poor villages across the street must have been scared stiff!
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X