No announcement yet.

The College Bowl Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like I said before, Ming, there isn't much difference between a 5-2 bowl record and a 5-3 bowl record.

As for the final rankings, both conferences have four teams in the top 25 and three in the top 10. The Big Ten has Ohio State (1), Iowa (8), and Michigan (9). The Big Twelve has Oklahoma (5), Kansas State (6), and Texas (7). Since the two conferences performed so similarly, the Big Ten must be a second-rate conference as well.

The sun shines on a dog's ass every once in a while, Ming. You better enjoy it, because even though the sun is on them right now, the Big Ten still stinks...
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Ohio State got robbed. just thought I would say that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident
        Ohio State got robbed. just thought I would say that.
        you mean miami? because OSU won

Comment

• Imran: "No it did not. I am not convinced that Ohio State is better than Iowa, USC, OR Georgia."

Are you convinced now*?

*he asks before finishing the thread...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming
            I just said that if we are going to use this piece of crap we call the BCS, I will crow that the Big 10 is number one.

The system still sucks... but if that's what it is, the Big 10 is number one
            I didn't quite get what you are saying about the Big 10. Can you please repeat it?

Comment

• *sigh*

The Big Ten is not #1 you nits...

Ohio St. is #1.

A gigantic difference.

Just because Miami won the title last year did not make the Big East the best conference in the country.

The Big Twelve has been the best conference in NCAA football for at least three years running. Before that, the SEC held that distinction (Even though Nebraska and Oklahoma were winning titles, the SEC was overall probably better).

But some people can't be objective...
              Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks...

Comment

• Are you convinced now

Seeing as OSU did not play USC or Georgia, no. However, I think they probably are better than Iowa .
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I think the SEC was better last year than the BigXII

Comment

• now that I got you attention...

Ohio State got robbed because of blown calls the game should have never made it to overtime.

Comment

• The Big 10 played FAR BETTER teams in their bowl games than the Small 12 did. And we finished 5 - 2 against tuff competition, while the Small 12 finished 5 - 3 against many more NON ranked teams. The Big 10 also has the National Championship.

Plus, the Big 10 had the same number of teams in the top 10 and the top 20 as the small 12, and you have one more team than we do.

If you were being objective, you would see the Big 10 did far better in the Bowl games since we played real teams. Most of the teams you guys played, weren't even ranked. Like Wisconsin... HAHAHAHAAHAHA...
                      Explain that away... flatman Head to head... YOU LOST!
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming
                        The Big 10 played FAR BETTER teams in their bowl games than the Small 12 did. And we finished 5 - 2 against tuff competition, while the Small 12 finished 5 - 3 against many more NON ranked teams. The Big 10 also has the National Championship.

Plus, the Big 10 had the same number of teams in the top 10 and the top 20 as the small 12, and you have one more team than we do.

If you were being objective, you would see the Big 10 did far better in the Bowl games since we played real teams. Most of the teams you guys played, weren't even ranked. Like Wisconsin... HAHAHAHAAHAHA...
                        Explain that away... flatman Head to head... YOU LOST!

Woot! Woot!

Ohh and Flat boy, Not everyone here is fortunate enough to be a Nit. Only Nittany Lions get that distinction.

Maybe someday you can aspire to be a Nit yourself.

Yo Imran, Love the sig. "O Brother Where Art Thou" is one of my favs.
                        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• btw mountain west is best

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident
                            btw mountain west is best

ACK!
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Obviously you people are too partisan to see the light.

I will refer to Drake's "Sun shining on the Dog's ass" comment, since the Big Ten spends most it's time depositing sh!t on the rest of the country.

You better enjoy it, since it only happens every 10 years.
                              Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks...

Comment

• This is what's great about college football. Pointless comparisons of conference **** size that can never be resolved...
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X