The College Bowl Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best team in College Football!

Your opinion . As long as there is no playoff, I won't be convinced there can be a best team... just a team that was able to go through the regular season and win their one game playoff .

But OSU is a deserving champion in this flawed format .

Oh, as for McGahee... I don't think he'll be the same running back again. It's sad, he had the speed of Vick, but I don't think he'll have it anymore .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Yes, a very good game all around. One of the classic title games.

Lots of people watched it too. In Columbus, it had a 52 rating!

I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• College OT rules! I wish the NFL would switch to it, except maybe start them on the 35 yard line instead of the 25 yard line.

OSU had to beat another team in OT this year, Illinois. I wonder, does that make Illinois just as good as Miami?

Comment

• No... it doesn't
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• One of the classic title games.

Well, it might be a little too sloppy to be compared to such games like the great 10-10 tie between Notre Dame and Michigan St.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Aha, I found it.

How you nits can say that Ohio St. was the best team in the country is beyond me.

As Drake was saying, the "playoffs" were the regular season, and the BCS just seeds the teams. A playoff would be nice, but it's not feasible it seems.

This year they got it right (For better of for worse) only because they got lucky. Ohio St. had the best winning percentage (albeit against lousy competition) so they got to play against an overrated Miami team who played against competition that was just as pathetic and weak.

In case you hadn't noticed Big Ten Fans, this is your first national title in MANY years (Michigan's doesn't count, because they stole half of it from Nebraska in 1997).

When your chests burst in pride at your conference's victory this week, realize that next year it will be all the same again, six 7-4 teams, four 4-7 teams, and one team that goes 10-1 and get's the HELL kicked out of them by a superior conference's team.

I just don't get why you folks in the Mid East can't play football...
              Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flatlander Fox
                Aha, I found it.

How you nits can say that Ohio St. was the best team in the country is beyond me.

As Drake was saying, the "playoffs" were the regular season, and the BCS just seeds the teams. A playoff would be nice, but it's not feasible it seems.

This year they got it right (For better of for worse) only because they got lucky. Ohio St. had the best winning percentage (albeit against lousy competition) so they got to play against an overrated Miami team who played against competition that was just as pathetic and weak.

In case you hadn't noticed Big Ten Fans, this is your first national title in MANY years (Michigan's doesn't count, because they stole half of it from Nebraska in 1997).

When your chests burst in pride at your conference's victory this week, realize that next year it will be all the same again, six 7-4 teams, four 4-7 teams, and one team that goes 10-1 and get's the HELL kicked out of them by a superior conference's team.

I mean, really, how else can one reply to such a post? Obviously, he can't possibly be serious.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Of course, a misguided Michigan fan.

Tell me, how can you honestly say your conference is any good at football?

And don't give me ANYTHING about tradition, because your tradition doesn't hold a candle to the Big 8/12's tradition.

Comment

• Ahh the last refuge of the unbelievers!!!

Strength of schedule and they got lucky arguements!!!

Ring! Ring! The alarm clock is ringing its time to wake up!

"Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• I'm already awake in the respect that I know that Ohio St. is the National Champ.

But I'm looking hard for any other mediocre teams in the Big Ten.

Comment

• But why look when the conference record in bowl games shows you? (albeit my Alma mater lost to Auburn )

So silence the ringing alarm already

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Of course, drag out the bowl records. Who did they beat?

Ohio St.: A vastly overrated Miami team who didn't beat ANYBODY this year. BTW, Ohio St wouldn't have won if it wouldn't have been for the Big XII conference officiating.

Wisonsin: A Colorado team that NEVER EVER wins their bowl games.

Minnesota: An Arkansas team that doesn't play defense.

Purdue: A decent Washington team with a bad case of the "Giving the ball away"s.

Michigan: Beat a Florida team that didn't belong in a bowl game in the first place. Of course they BARELY won, but that's not the point.

Comment

• I repeat my previous post.

Last bastion of the unbelievers. Strength of schedule and they got lucky arguements.

By your arguements no one deserved a bowl invite.

Comment

• The Big Ten does suck. And Ohio State did get extremely lucky this year. But that's why they play the games...

I'm not upset. It's nice to see a Cinderella story every now and then, even if Cinderella is a Big Ten school this year.
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Flatlander Fox
                                Hmmm... I guess the unranked Wisconsin team that beat one of your ranked teams in a Bowl Game this year didn't know how to play football...

The Small 12 sucked this year. The Final rankings and the Bowl games prove once again that the Small 12 is just a second rate conference.

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
                                Keep on Civin'
                                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X