The College Bowl Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
    edit: Bull**** pass interference penalty. How many lucky breaks is OSU going to get?
    Yes...

I have no favorites, but after that call Miami should have won the game.

Comment

It seems like OSU was destined to win; I've never seen a team get so many breaks in one game. Truly bizarre, but fun to watch. I don't really mind that much, as I hate Miami as everyone should...
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I hate 'em both. My rooting interest was for a meteor to crash into the field. Alas, it was not to be.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Ohio State played a great game, but I don't see how anyone cannot say that Miami was robbed! What pass interference?!
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Miami wasn't robbed. None of the cameras had as good of angle as did the official on the field. He was right on top of it. Given this, you've got to admit that it could have gone either way.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

No it couldn't have gone either way. The Miami player didn't have a hand on the guy after the ball was in the air. It was a bull**** call and a horrible call, perhaps the worst I've ever seen in a big game like that.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

The angles I saw were awkward. Did you see any better ones? If not, I wonder where you get your conviction...
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

The angles showed it very well. I don't know how you get awkward. The angle that showed the play from the back of the players obviously showed that not a hand was on the Ohio State player, after the bump off the line, until the ball was already in the OSU player's hands. The announcers (which with these two are very conservative in challenging the officials) even clearly stated it.

Comment

I agree entirely Imran Siddiqui... you could see in plain site that the Miami defender didn't even touch him until after he bobbled the ball and it flew off away from them both... a horrible call... I'd hate to be that ref and know that you cost Miami a game like that.

Comment

Oh btw, just heard the ROSE BOWL had its LOWEST attendance since 1944! Why? Because the BC(f'ing)S took away Big-10 v. Pac-10 in the that game.

Damn BCS .

(If the traditional Rose Bowl was kept, we'd see USC v. Oklahoma! What a much better game than the two we saw!)

Comment

Well... I can't argue with the BCS, THIS YEAR...

What a great game. Defense won the game for OSU. A salute to the CHAMPIONS... the Big 10 They were underated all year, and in the end, proved just how tough of a conference it was.

Unlike the big 12
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

(If the traditional Rose Bowl was kept, we'd see USC v. Oklahoma! What a much better game than the two we saw!)

It wouldn't have been a better game. Oklahoma would've beat USC just as badly. Washington State did beat USC, remember?

Unlike the big 12

The Big 12 finished 5-3 in the bowls, Ming. Big Ten finished 5-2. Not a big difference there.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Uhhh... the Big 12 doesn't have the NATIONAL CHAMPION... a Big Difference.

In comparison, the Big 12 SUCKS
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It wouldn't have been a better game. Oklahoma would've beat USC just as badly. Washington State did beat USC, remember?

You just keep believing that. I guess that means that you believe that in the NFL the Houston Texans would have beaten the Philadelphia Eagles because the Eagles lost to the New York Giants who lost to the Texans!

Dumb statements like that are why BCS Apologists have such little respect with the rest of the sports fans.

USC is arguably the best offense in the game right now, and Oklahoma is one of the best defenses in the game right now. It would have been amazing. Washington State of early season and now are much different. Same with USC of early season and now. In fact, I wonder if Oklahoma would be able to stop USC. I doubt it.

Comment

Dumb statements like that are why BCS Apologists have such little respect with the rest of the sports fans.

You obviously weren't smart enough to see that I was mocking you and your bald faced assertions about the quality of USC...
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X