Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News Flash:Raelians announce first baby cloned!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OR... they could have developed some new technique, or perfected this one?

Yes, I don't think so either.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

What about a DNA test of the 'clone' and the person 'cloned' If its close enough, then you have issues to discuss. No doubt there would always be skeptical people, but if one actually believes in sicnece, if they show enough evidence, then to continue to doubt would be an act of pure skepticsm, not healthy scientific one.
      As for the chnces of success, who knows: new procedure? perhaps they tired with hundreads of embryos, perhaps cloning humans will be muc easier than though?
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I think UR was talking about their assertion that Aliens have created us, GePap. It's obvious we can check if the clone is for real.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

raelians....

Comment

you keep sticking your tongue, they keep clonin'.
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

I bet these wackos are trying to clone their messiah who will unite them with their alien brethren
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

How do we know that baby is really cloned from a human? It could be a cloned alien, just like first human alien clones 25,000 years ago. The Raelians can't fool us!
                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

It has begun...
                  Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

If understand correctly this organization believes that cloning can extend human life for hundreds of years. I suppose that means that the cloned babies will be used to provide spare parts for transplantation to the original.

Or maybe they are counting on developing technology to transplant the brain of the original into a younger clone.

This of course would be a clear human rights violation.

Fools go where angels fear to tread.

Comment

Every now and then I get a great story or book idea. Shame I don't have time to write this one.

Organization with beliefs in the aforemention theory that aliens created humans by cloning manages to create a set of cloned babies who appear normal in every way. Mention the mysterious unused genes that all humans have in common.

Cut thirteen years. As the first of the clones reach puberty the mysterious genes become active and the clones begin to change into copies of the aliens, who, share both human and ape characteristics.

Talk about a cosmic time bomb. The clones begin their ascent to dominance over the human race which was in fact genetically engineered to serve the emerging aliens.

Maybe I should write that one.

Comment

There is a clinic in Italy that claims to have a cloned baby well on the way. I think the kid is due in 3 months. I doubt this cult has the scientific sophistication to do the job though. Is this the same cult that had the mysterios mass suicides a few years ago?
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                          There is a clinic in Italy that claims to have a cloned baby well on the way. I think the kid is due in 3 months. I doubt this cult has the scientific sophistication to do the job though. Is this the same cult that had the mysterios mass suicides a few years ago?
                          Actually, there have been several over recent years, but the specific one you're refering to was Heaven's Gate. They thought "the mothership" was hiding behind the comet Hale-Bop when it swung by this part of the neighborhood. I just hope the in-flight movie and peanuts were worth it...
                          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

This is a fake. They have no proof, and some of the things the news said about this organization are fishy.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmytrick
                              Every now and then I get a great story or book idea. Shame I don't have time to write this one.

Organization with beliefs in the aforemention theory that aliens created humans by cloning manages to create a set of cloned babies who appear normal in every way. Mention the mysterious unused genes that all humans have in common.

Cut thirteen years. As the first of the clones reach puberty the mysterious genes become active and the clones begin to change into copies of the aliens, who, share both human and ape characteristics.

Talk about a cosmic time bomb. The clones begin their ascent to dominance over the human race which was in fact genetically engineered to serve the emerging aliens.

Maybe I should write that one.
                              Actually, this is a great idea for a story. We could bring back the X-files for one more season with your storyline as the basic plot.

All-in-all, this story is more than just weird. A cult, who believes that we were cloned from aliens 25,000 years ago, are first to clone humans? This has to be a joke.
                              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs

Actually, there have been several over recent years, but the specific one you're refering to was Heaven's Gate. They thought "the mothership" was hiding behind the comet Hale-Bop when it swung by this part of the neighborhood. I just hope the in-flight movie and peanuts were worth it...
                                I was thinking of incidents that occured in Canada and France.
                                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                                X