No announcement yet.

Mixed Martial Arts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok I just watched the K-1.. it was good but few things really left me thinking about japanese referees .

I mean the fight between Aerts and Sefo.. Now how the hell that went to Sefo?

The second one.. Sapp vs Hoost. Why did the referee stop the fight? Hoost was not in trouble, he was not taking a beating. He was pretty much dominating the fight, technically. He was in no trouble when Sapp got him to the corner and started pounding.
    Left bad taste to my mouth.

And Mr Perfect again showed great skills, first Sapp broke his hand to Hoost, then Sefo broke his leg to Hoost, and then Le Banner injured himself to Hoost .
    I mean you hit him, kick him, and still get injured..

I was cheering for Le Banner though.. Too bad he got injured, I think he was pretty much taking the fight, since Hoost got warned.. He was smashing Hunt, it was a miracle he didn't KO him.. anyway good event once again, the japanese can do these things better than anyone else.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikander

How old are those things? It's hard to hit with a gun that is worn out and loose.
      Most of the rifles and pistols were 60s and 70s vintage, pretty much shot through. The Finnish army seems to have a policy of using the same batch of weapons for training until they wear out completely, then replace them with unused stuff from the armouries.
      "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
      - Lone Star

Comment

• I mean the fight between Aerts and Sefo.. Now how the hell that went to Sefo?
        I didn´t understand that either. Then again, I may be biased since I absolutely detest Sefo and love Aerts.

The second one.. Sapp vs Hoost. Why did the referee stop the fight? Hoost was not in trouble, he was not taking a beating. He was pretty much dominating the fight, technically. He was in no trouble when Sapp got him to the corner and started pounding.
        Left bad taste to my mouth.
        It was a bad call indeed, right before the bell. Still it was Hoost's own fault. He was domating the fight agains the fat and slow Sapp, and almost had him down during the first round. I think Hoost got a bit too sure of himself and lost focus, because it isn´t exactly smart to let yourself by cornered by Sapp.

In the end the best fighter did go through though, Hoost went to the next round because Sapp was injured. and rightly so, Sapp shouldn´t have been there in the first place even. Ditto for Musashi, but the Japanese organisers want a minimum of one Japanese fighter present.

I feel bad for LeBanner. He´s one of the best out there, yet has never won a K-1 Grand Prix. I was convinced he was going to win from the start, until he got injured in the final fight. Hats of to Hoost though. This is his 4th K-1 title already, more than any other fighter (Aerts is second on the list, having won it 3 times). Us dutchies are dominating.
        Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

• LeBanner has never won? That's just plain wrong! Didn't know that actually, then again Hoost and Aerts wins them all.

I thought Musashi did ok, since I've been used to watch crappy japanese fighters in Pride, they always get their butts kicked . It's just a matter of who does it best, screams war shouts and acts brave. They're funny . But in no way he had any chance against LeBanner. He is just too explosive and good, strong and big, fast and great!

I might be little biased too, because I like Aerts and didn't like Sefo one bit. Still I think you can't say Sefo was better in any way.

I don't know what happened to Hoost in the fight against Sapp. First he was dominating it all the way, but in the second round he started exchanging strikes too close to Sapp, letting Sapp punch too. I don't know why he didn't just keep with the game plan and leash those furious leg kicks and fast combinations and move away.. I was waiting for lots of more leg kicks and maybe few kicks to the head, since Sapp was so tired he couldn't lift his hands to block. Maybe Hoost got tired too, I don't know but I was screaming 'What are you doing!? Nooo! Keep the distance!!'.. but then again he is one of the best, so what do I know .
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• *bump*
            Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
            Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
            X