No announcement yet.

Mixed Martial Arts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, IF we talk about weight classes.. I think it's essential that there are no weight classes, it's more realistic. It's passed us, unfortunately with other rules.

I just watched that fight where Hackney won that 600+ pounds guy. Wow he was huge! When he started hitting Hackney.. I mean those were heavy blows. He had no chance in the long run. I'd love to see how Royce would have fought him, because he's not so much striker. How do you submit that man? Well maybe not that hard, just don't take him to your guard.

Royce in his prime against Bruce in his prime? I'd put my money on Royce...
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

David Floyd, You have blue belt in BJJ, or even better? I knew you trained seriously, but I didn't know you were that experienced. All the power to you .
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Pekka if you want to learn martial arts why not go for Kung - Fu?

It's not just beating up, it's philosophy too

(BTW I remember telling my Grandpa I was thinking about going to a martial arts class once and he said: "Great. You'll pay to get beaten up!"

(he was a big kidder)

Comment

I have no desire to learn traditional martial arts. I already do Shootfighting (and little kickboxing and stuff that they have in the gym, you don't have to pay extra). I have no need for Kung Fu and the philosophical side to them. I do respect those arts too, and their philosophies etc, but it's not what I'm looking for.
          In da butt.

Comment

Ok.

I always found it appealing though to kick someone's ass and then offer a little philosophical proverb to go with it
            (j/k)

Comment

I got a silver badge in rifle marksmanship.
              "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
              - Lone Star

Comment

I have golden! NJANJANJANNAJAAAA! Be jealous! .
                Though I did cheat.. the last shots where you shoot on the turning targets and change the magazine... I shot double shot .
                In da butt.

Comment

Or was it supposed to be double shot? Anyway I put it on automatic. I'm such a Rambo . Never got caught either.
                  In da butt.

Comment

Ya, but I have bad eyesight, especially when shooting at targets in rifle range!

But I rule with a pistol (the FN hipowers we used were crapola though).
                    - Lone Star

Comment

My only trophy in athletic tournaments was a teddy bear which I was awarded when I managed to hit the bell on top of that thing you hit with a hammer in Luna Parks.
                      Last edited by Bereta_Eder; December 28, 2002, 12:04.

Comment

Hey I have bad eyesight too! 0.8 on the left eye and 1.6 on the right eye + taittovirhe! I have to shoot pretty fast, or the target gets distorted(?) and I just have to shoot the fuzzy 'black part' which is in the middle.
                        But I do have the worst night vision, so if I have to shoot at dark, I'll prolly just shoot my own people .
                        In da butt.

Comment

But I have to say that I sucked hard when I had the chance to shoot with air pistol. I was so bad, I was ashamed . Pistols are not for me.

And 150 meters was max for me to be able to shoot accurate shots fast. 300 meters and then I'm in trouble, can't see that good. I also got shouted at combat shootings, because I used my magazine in the first 10 seconds. But who the hell goes fighting with 1 magazine anyway.. and I was sgt already, so I got shouted hard. 'sgt you! Where the hell do you think you are! In Vietnam?! If you were my son, I'd kill myself' and those are the exact words, I still here them echoing in my head . I was red.
                          In da butt.

Comment

jaakko pekka? pekka jaako?

finlanders in love
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Noo! Can't you see, we can shoot and we are very violent.. don't you dare to say anything like that .

Now to get more back on topic, what about that Sambo, russian wrestling thingie? I remember Oleg Taktarov was some kind of Sambo champion? He's a guy I fell in love (not that way!) first time I saw him. He's so great, he speaks so little english, or at least back then when he first entered the octagon.. he was so likeable. True champion, I wonder if he's still fighting.
                              In da butt.

Comment

- Lone Star

Comment

Working...
                                X