Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sid's state of mind

Originally posted by aahz_capone
    I mean he started Firaxis so he could do stuff his way and Infogrumps basically shafted him. And Reynolds.
    It's infogreed, get it right

Comment

I hope Sid understands that because of Civ III, I will never buy another game with his name on it.
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

BTW, it's IGE, not IG.

Well, as for Sid's state of mind, I'm not a shrink, so I can't say it either.
        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

WTF does Sid care as long as he has money? Everyone knows BR was the reason those games were good.
          I hope Sid understands that because of Civ III, I will never buy another game with his name on it.
          My thoughts exactly 'cause goddamn Civ 3 sucked.
          "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
            No, Sid doesn't care about deep games much. He likes to make fun games. If a fun game happens to be deep, so much the better.

As for game reviewers, yeah right. Look how many of them gave Black and White raving reviews. 'nuff said.
            Yeah. Look at how many of them gave Civ3 raving reviews. Thats DEFINATELY 'nuff said

I've lost all faith in Sid Meier and have therefore replaced my "Gaming Diety of Our Lifetimes" with Brian Reynolds. Him having created Civ2 and BRAC (2 of the top 3 games of all time...) he certainly deserves to be at the top.
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I'll be the contrarian on this hate-fest. I like Civ3 and PTW. A lot. Even though neither Sid nor Brian had much to do with it.
              Seemingly Benign
              Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Originally posted by Tassadar5000
                Yeah. Look at how many of them gave Civ3 raving reviews. Thats DEFINATELY 'nuff said
                You got whooshed, didn't you?
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

You got whooshed, didn't you?
                  Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                  Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I say Civ3 isn't the worst game out there but I say it ain't the best... and I tell ya 4 years ago civ2 was THE BEST GAME out there... that is what a lot of people expected from civ3 and failing to do so is complete failure for the perfectionist we are... and I might point out it was civ that had a huge role to play in making the perfectionist
                    Without music life would be a mistake - Nietzsche
                    So you think you can tell heaven from hell?
                    rocking on everest

Comment

Working...
                    X