Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No way, The Soviets lacked Technology and Air power
    verus the west. Their best chance of invading was in
    WHAT? In 1945, the Western Allies would have absolutely wiped the floor with the Soviet Union. Or perhaps you forget the fact that the US had an atomic monopoly, that the US and Britain and other allies accounted for over 60% of the world's GNP and manufacturing output, and the fact of absolute air superiority.

Not to mention a lot of other facts. You sure you aren't Serb's DL?

But for the topic at hand, here's my idea:

Use the US military to bomb the **** out of Israel and make them cut me a check for $5700. Please and thank you.

Seriously, though, we shouldn't be giving Israel ANYTHING.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
    Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Considering how much we fund them, I think it's pretty inexcusable how we allow Sharon to defy us. I think Israel's desstructive policies and their occupation is one of the chief sources of Moslem anger at the west. While we should insist on the preservation of a Jewish state in the Middle East, we should influence them to stop their occupation and come to a peace settlement.

Unfortuantely, what is preventing us from taking anything but a hardline pro-Israel stance is continued sympathy for Israel among the American people.
      "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

It is entirley due to internal US politics that the US supports Israel. In the 1950's when Nasser took over the Suez cannal the US did not support UK,France and Isarel in taking it back because there was no support at home. (It smacked of old fashioned imperialism)

If a majority of US population started to support the Palestinians over the Israelis, Israel would be dropped within months
        Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
        Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

It'd be quicker than that.... but old habits die hard, especially by the media.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

the reasons more americans dont support the palestineans are the following:

1. Brainwashing by christian leaders. These same christian leaders think that all the jews will convert on the day of judgement. Their interest is purely based on religion.

2. We dont see our money going to israel. If more people knew about it i think wed all be really more pissed off. Well im pretty pissed off about israel and i wish every israeli would abandon that god forsaken land and move to america. The promised land isnt geographical, its a state of mind.

3. holocaust guilt. the holocaust was the singular most disgusting act on the planet ever. But i think that the powers that be went about everything the wrong way in trying to create this homeland. Its only lead to more problems.

and im tired of being called an antisemite every time i post my opinions on israel. I hate israel with a passion because it really is just a thorn in the side of the middle east and it jsut causes problems. The israeli people are a very stubborn bunch and this is why there will always be a great gnashing of teeth.
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
              You dont want to waste money of Israeli missile defense systems? Fine, but remember that when there is no good defense pre-emptive attack is the only option.

You dont want to spend money to help us deal with suicide bombings? Ok, but dont whine when because of lack of troops tens of Palestinians will start dying every day.

You want us to be the only country who always supported you no matter what?

You want to benefit from all the Israeli technologies that are getting installed in pretty much every piece of military equipment you build?

You want to attack Iraq? You want us to stay quiet?

Pay.
              If there is a smart parasite country in this world it is Israel.

At least they sided with the ones who have money (unlike Cuba )
              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Working...
              X