What is your favorite holiday cookie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite holiday cookie?

Since we have so many cultures and countries represented here I thought it might be interesting to see what type of Christmas cookies we all liked or grew up with as a kid.

So tell me what your favorite Christmas cookie is.

Mine was and still is my Mom's sugar cookies. She would get a glass and take the bottom and get sugar on it and press the cookies out until they were very thin. When she cooked them they would get brown around the edges and a bit crispy just on the edges. That was my favorite part
    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

A Snowman Cookie with red hots and frosting and the works.
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Gingerbread!
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I love cookies!!

I think they are mother's christmas cookies. The one's with the frosting and sprinkles. mmm

Comment

My mother used to make the most fantastic mollasses cookies. She hasn't made them in a while though.
          By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Snickerdoodles

I also love the peanut butter cookies with the hershey kiss in the centre, but that's not really a holiday cookie I don't think
            "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
            You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

by Mother's I don't mean my mother, but the brand name mother.

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
                A Snowman Cookie with red hots and frosting and the works.
                Those are awesome to. But then again I like anything with frosting I have a horrible sweet tooth
                Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild

Comment

Gingerbread!
                  I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Maybe I should have made this a poll.....looks like that's two for gingerbread.

Comment

Of course In England a cookie is a type of biscuit, and infact cookies are one of my favourite holiday biscuits
                      Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                      Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

I used to live in Europe and never quite understood why a cookie was called a biscuit.

We used to get those cookies when I lived in Germany that tasted like liqoruce (sp?) they had the strangest name can't quite remember it but it was something like Pfarfenuess or something like that.

Comment

Actually, I like to call all those smallish crunchy cakes as "biscuits" (or "pipari" in finnish)

Comment

There's only one sort of traditional Christmas cookies in Finland...

Piparit!

(that is, gingerbread)
                            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

This is the traditional finnish gingerbread house, which should be made in every household during christmas...

Comment

Working...
                              X