No announcement yet.

South Dakota Poly Meet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, the famous Sturgis Bike Rally, I take it. Heh. Might have a fun time trying to find everyone there, what with between 100,000 and 200,000 rowdy bikers spread all about Sturgis and the Black Hills vicinity.

Gatekeeper

(My moped should stick out like a sore thumb. )
    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

My cousin went there a few years ago and had a great time. I got a Sturgis Rally T-shirt out of it.

Comment

Was he there for the 50th rally? That was the *big* one, I believe, and the state was crawling w/bikers for weeks before and during the rally.
        "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

Comment

SOUTH Dakota, that's too far. I could maybe do North Dakota, but even that would be a 4-5 hour drive south from here.
          Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

We could meet halfway at the U.S.-Canadian border where Interstate 29 crosses into Canada ... (Seriously, that would be an idea if we ever did truly want to have some sort of Poly meet on the northern Great Plains.)

Gatekeeper

Comment

I've been there. Even that is about 10 hours away.

You Americans should have populated your great plains better
              Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Originally posted by *End Is Forever*
                5 hours with the Trojan Rocksteady Box-Set and 100 Greatest Sea-Shanties? Maybe not...
                Yes, but you could add 'whining angsty teenage sh*thead' to the equation

Besides, I have had my CD player nicked now so you would just have to put up with conversation. I know that must be hard for you judging by AIM/ICQ conversations
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                X