X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think athiests should get christmas bonus checks

This is sure to make me popular in a forum full of athiests

If athiests don't buy presents for people and don't have holiday gatherings why should they get christmas bonus'? And this is even more controversial, but non-christians should not get christmas bonus'. Maybe they can get a bonus on their religions major holy day, I don't know. These are just some random thoughts, please don't take them too seriously.

Granted, if a company had that policy you wouldn't have people saying they are athiests, everyone would be a christian.
    Yes
    62.50%
    No
    28.13%
    They should get a big fat banana
    9.38%

If the Christmas bonus came directly from God, sure.

But it doesn't. Also:
    Non-Christians buy presents for each other at Christmas too. Its a tradition.
    The bonus is for the hard work leading up to the holiday period. Unless you believe athiests don't work as hard as religious people, why wouldn't they get rewarded the same?
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Ridiculous. Christmas is, after all, considered by most to be more economically oriented than religiously oriented. Atheists are expected to get presents just as much as religious people are. Besides, it's simple monetary discrimination based on religion.
      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
      Drake Tungsten
      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
      Albert Speer

Comment

bonus checks aren't for hard work.

That is what your regular paycheck is for. Bonus checks are to help people make it through the holiday season because they have to buy gifts and plan events.

Comment

and work places discriminate all the time. Hell I get penalized because I don't smoke.

And don't get me started how the goverment discriminates against me because I don't have children or a wife.

Comment

"Bonus checks are to help people make it through the holiday season because they have to buy gifts and plan events."
            And in this society, atheists have to buy gifts and plan for events… it's that simple.
            Drake Tungsten
            Albert Speer

Comment

bah!

You athiest are conformists!!!

If I was an athiest I would say screw you, I'm not buying any gifts.

Comment

Well I guess I get the point.

There is no need for this thread anymore. I guess most athiest still buy christmas gifts for some reason.

Comment

Christmas is a commercial holiday, not a religious one
                  "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                  You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

commercial holiday?

Then change the name to festivus dammit!

Comment

For me, there are three parts of christmas: economic christmas, religious christmas, and family gathering christmas. In my family's tradition, we have approximately 5/8ths family, 2/8ths economic, and 1/8th religious.
                      Drake Tungsten
                      Albert Speer

Comment

OK time for a threadjack.

I'm intrigued by how many christians they say are in the world. I think that number is way too high. I think a lot of athiests lie and say they are christian. Why do they do this?

Comment

Christmas isn't just a religious holiday anymore.

To many people (myself included), it's more of a family situation. Family day + Thanksgiving + Birthday all rolled into one if you will.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Dissiden

Christmas was "Highjacked" by "Madison Avenue" Years ago so you have to "Live It or Live With It".
                            The ways of Man are passing strange, he buys his freedom and he counts his change.
                            Then he lets the wind his days arrange and he calls the tide his master.

Comment

I don't think athiests should get christmas bonus checks
                              Shouldn't this be the other way around??

You get the spiritual satisfaction, we the material

btw: It's a pagan festivity!!!!

and eugh:
                              To many people (myself included), it's more of a family situation. Family day + Thanksgiving + Birthday all rolled into one if you will.
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                              X