The skiing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RedFred
    Apex is nice, but the natives have been restless in the last ten years. There have been at least three blockades.
    I love the natives for doing that. It keeps the riftraft away.

Never had a chance to ski around Nelson.

Kimberley is good ski hill, and my sister lives 10 minutes from the ski hill.
    Golfing since 67

Comment

Wutang!

Skiing doesn't do much for me...

But snowboarding does.

One of my best friends has a timeshare in Fairmont for two weeks right after Christmas. The first week he's spending it with his parents, but then his parents need to return back to Calgary to return to work, and he gets to keep the condo for the week all by himself -- and invite friends!

That's going to be pretty sweet.
      Last edited by Asher; December 21, 2002, 06:40.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

And I don't see how anyone can take any east coast slopes seriously. You need stuff like the Rocky Mountains as a backdrop to truly enjoy it.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Cross-country in the middle of a forest =

Comment

Hmmm, this looks pretty good

Comment

I'm Mr.BigFoot

I used to do skiing (never liked snowboard that much) but once i discovered the real ol' BigFoots (not mini-skis!) i was hooked

It's the best on every terrain except deep-now unfortunately...
              The adrenaline kick of going like a tornado from a steep mogul slope...and the jumps, oh god the jumps... it's nearly impossible to hurt yourself, unless you go real bad
              falling flat on your face while making a ski-jump really hurts

unfortunately no skiing for me this year, i thought of it too late and now there's no more vacant rooms in the hotels...

"An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
              "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

water skiing?

Comment

Eastcoast/westcoast?

Bah! Loosers!!

Europe is the birthplace of skiing!

Comment

Europe is nice. You often get better food options right on the hill. The only places I've skied there is Switzerland and Austria, and the scenery is amazing.

But, the snow is not as good, the lift queues are longer and ruder, the prices are higher and the slopes are busier.

Comment

I agree with prices.. they are higher and it sucks.
                      Snow .. depends when you come here, it's little more 'dry' in Canada and States, but it's not that different, weather can affect it differently though. Lift queues depends how many people are skiing.. but I'd go with ruder.. It's definitely true . It can get ugly sometimes!

Other than that, it's pretty much the same, depends very much where you go.. naturally. I like more 'European snow', but might be because I'm more used to it.. but it's all good, just different. But yeah, I could say that generally people might be a little rude sometimes, but you got to know the unwritten rules . And prices are definitely too too high.
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

East coast scenery is beautiful… just because it doesn't have the bombast of the rockies doesn't make it any less elegant…
                        "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                        Drake Tungsten
                        "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                        Albert Speer

Comment

Working...
                        X