Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baseball Offseason Wheeling and Dealing (Apolyton Sports Bar II)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Braves save $10 million by trading Millwood for some catcher. What I don't understand is, if you're going to dump him, why not dump him in the AL and not in your own division? Kelly Ligtenberg wasn't offered a contract either.

sigh

But... we did get 17 game winner Paul Byrd and Russ Ortiz, so it's not as if we've been fire-selling only. Regardless, the NL East is going to be an interesting division to watch this upcoming season - it might be the best race of the year.

But probably not, as the Mets collapse again and the Phillies hang on through August, only to slowly let it slip away.

Comment

See, the problem is that I don't think Byrd will do nearly as well, and I thought Moss was better than Ortiz... so it really doesn't work well.

(oh, and I started this thread because the other one was on like Page 5).
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Oh, on the other thread. Diss was talking about running/passing QBs, and said:

These thoughts came about because of Philadelphia's performance of late. They are doing better without Donavan McNabb. Now you can say the team has picked up their game to compensate for their fallen QB. But for 5 games? I have never heard of a team elevating their game for that long. Fact is I think they have a better shot of winning a superbowl with A.J. Feeley.

BULL! McNabb definetly gives the Eagles a better shot at winning. Feeley has been very consistant, but McNabb is a better thrower than Feeley and can also run it. That Defense is amazing, and the running game has really taken over.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
        X