Neighbour dead. Murder suspected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbour dead. Murder suspected

The house 4 down the road from me is cordoned off and police were questioning everyone entering the estate last night. It turns out they'd found the body of the man who lived there, and they're conducting a murder enquiry.

That's way too close to home for comfort.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Yikes
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Scary.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

What did you do!?!
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Hey, hang on, how do you know it wasn't you who did it?
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

You live in a very interesting area, Laz.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Got your ticket to Mexico yet?

Comment

sorry to hear that. Did you know him well?
                "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Did you know the guy Laz?
                  If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Jokes are in poor taste.
                    "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Twelve years ago I moved into the Chicago neighborhood of Uptown. The next morning, I looked out the window to discover the whole street clogged with police and fire engines. Apparently the building next door had a small fire.

What happene is that the police were called to invetigate the rape of a twelve-year-old girl, saw smoke rising from the basement, and tcalled the fire department. After the fire was out, they discovered the bodies of an elderly couple. The fire had been set to cover their murder.

Welcome to Uptown. (We moved there because my roomates were afraid that Roger's Park was a dangerous neighborhood. )
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Over the Summer, one of my old high school classmates was gunned down as he interrupted a gas station holdup.

This stuff really does hit close to home. I agree.
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Someone was shot a few yards from where I was living a few years ago, in St Pauls, Bristol.
                          yada

Comment

When I lived in Longsight, Manchester there were 3 fatal shootings within the estate I lived in during the year i stayed there. All of them were drive by drug-related shootings and as such did not have to much to do with me, and didn't hit home that much as I would imagine someone being killed in their home would do.

The car that got torched outside my bedroom window was slightly scarier.

Comment

It's Manchester, what do you expect?
                              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Working...
                              X