Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

United States of the American Dictatorship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United States of the American Dictatorship?

Recent events beg the question: How close is America to becoming a dictatorship?
    The United States is so far from becoming a dictatorship that even if there was a world-wide dictatorial revolution the US would still be the shining beacon of democracy it is!
    17.24%
    The United States is better than most when it comes to dictatorial policies.
    5.17%
    The United States is about as far away from becoming a dictatorship as most democratic western nations.
    10.34%
    The United States is is a bit closer to dictatorship than other western, democratic nations.
    25.86%
    The United States is disturbingly close to becoming a dictatorship.
    27.59%
    :scared: The United States is ALREADY a dictatorship!
    13.79%
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

USA is certainly on the road to what can be objectively seen as a dictatorship, that is, if it can't be considered one now. The USA is a much more sophisticated brand of dictatorship than the world has seen in epochs past, and it brings with it a more sophisticated brand of imperialism. But regardless of any modern sophistication that it may posess, the USA will bring about what all old-tyme dictatorships have always brought about, the suffering of the masses.
    But as the quote goes, "Today's Empires are tommorrow's ashes". The karmic retribution awaiting the USA will one day catch up with it, make no mistake. We can only hope that the USA will be the last such hegemon we must face before the world can finally unite in brotherhood.
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

If you think the US is a dictatorship, try Canada.

At least you have a choice in your elections.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

It's people still elect the leaders and the executive does not have supreme power, so no.
        "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Not really Asher, either Twiddle Dee or Twiddle Dum....
          Do you guys really have it worse than us?

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
            USA is certainly on the road to what can be objectively seen as a dictatorship, that is, if it can't be considered one now.
            I believe that while the US is not quite yet dictatorial enough to be considered an actual dictatorship, it is "disturbingly" close.

the suffering of the masses.
            Unfortunately the American masses are largely ignorant and can and are easily hypnotized by the sound of Bush beating that war drum.

karmic retribution
            If you believe in karma, then the USA will fall quite hard...

We can only hope that the USA will be the last such hegemon we must face before the world can finally unite in brotherhood.
            Unfortunately, the possibilty of a United Earth after the US falls is very unlikely and in fact will probalby be even more divided then before.

executive does not have supreme power,

Dicipline is always a good thing....sometimes

Comment

Nothing to see here... just another anti american troll...

.0000000000000000001/100

Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Take a chill pill Mingster.
                You have been more cranky than usual, is there frustrating stuff going on in the non-Apoly life?

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
                  Not really Asher, either Twiddle Dee or Twiddle Dum....
                  Do you guys really have it worse than us?
                  The power Bush has over the country is a tiny fraction of the power Chretien has over Canada. Canada has two effective branches: The Executive (PM) and the House of Commons. Whoever has a majority in the house of commons forms the executive branch. So the PM orders his party around in both branches, it's effectively a one man show with puppets.

Now maybe Tass meant more along the lines of "invasion of privacy", but keep in mind Canada keeps passing laws like forcing ISPs to keep 6 month logs of every website every user visits.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Like this thread isn't just another troll... Oh please...

Let me know when a real dictatorship takes over in the US... Until then, just a troll...
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

Good Call Ming. This Idiotic Crap of a troll falls below even their low left-wing troll standards. If these fools want to believe the US is any way a dictatorship let them live in their own little deluded world.

Comment

Mings comments are so devoid of any logic (Instead of actually debating the subject, he dismisses it as "just a troll". Reminds me of something I once saw on Fox...A democrat was debating when suddenly the republican just began to yell "YADA YADA YADA!!!" to drown out the sound ) that I will not even bother to mount any sort of serious response.

Anyway....Canada may be a dictatorship, but were talking about good ol Mewica here Try to stay on THAT subject

Comment

This isn't a troll, but a genuine attempt at fostering frank and honest discussion. Referring to it as a troll, however, is trolling.

Comment

First... it isn't even an original troll. This is what, the 10th or so thread that wants to call America a Dictatorship.

There is nothing really to discuss... we have an elected government... we have rights... we can vote... the government has to respond to the people... But you just want to ignore that...

So where is this Dictatorship. Go back to school and learn the the meaning of the word.

Just another and not very original silly troll.
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

"This isn't a troll, but a genuine attempt at fostering frank and honest discussion. Referring to it as a troll, however, is trolling."

Frank and Honest discussion over whether the USA is a dictatorship is better suited to a special ed classroom. If you seriously think whether we are a dictatorship is a valid topic I suggest you check into one of those.

Comment

Working...
                              X