No announcement yet.

Students, how'd you do this semester?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I teach kindergarten to adult, all ages.
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

some lith of wisdom you turned out to be
      "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
      You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I'm wise enough to know that although education is important, grades don't necessarily equate education.
        besides, the college that I got to is the hardest of them ALL in tertms of grades… we have higher standards, is all!
        "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
        Drake Tungsten
        "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
        Albert Speer

Comment

Originally posted by monolith94
          I'm wise enough to know that although education is important, grades don't necessarily equate education.
          besides, the college that I got to is the hardest of them ALL in tertms of grades… we have higher standards, is all!
          in other words, you spent the entire semester getting wasted.

good job
          "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Bah hum bug
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I did okay on the things I finished, I didn't do all the courses I wanted to complete though.

Solid mechanics 10
              Signal analysis 9
              Superconductivity 7
              Solid state physics I 7
              Experimental **** 9

Still working on about 5 other courses, but I'll get those results (with one exception) at the end of january.

Comment

Semester ain't over yet, but i have to complete one big project worth 13 points, do 4 exams, each worth 2 points, one of which i haven't been following.
                And redo 3 smaller projects, also worth 2 points each. If i want to graduate next semester, i have to pass all those things....it's looking bad, very bad actually, but i'm still going for it, the small project ar enear finished, the thing i'm mostly worried about are the exams, i could pass 3 of them relatively easy, but the 4th (computer/internet law, the one i haven't been following) will be very difficult. And i don't want to spend a whole semester redoing only one course.
                <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

I'm an ignorant Brit, so can someone explain to me what a credit is where they are? Like in terms of Degree or A levels? Are you all in the American system? You do 4 years degrees right? (I really know jack about US education )

I got:
                  Maths - A
                  Further Maths - (not finished yet, A/B)
                  History - A
                  Economics - A
                  Business - A
                  and General Studies (not finished, easiest subjects on the planet though )
                  At AS levels (half-A levels, we have a new system of 2 one year courses)
                  Smile
                  For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                  But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by devilmunchkin
                    not postive yet, but i got a good shot at making the dean's list..also..have any of you taken the gre tonight..i took mine today and between the verbal and quantitative i got a 1200....but is your final score including the writing part as well?
                    There's a writing part now?
                    I took the GRE five years ago and scored 1610 total on the verbal, quantitative, and analytical parts. My guess is that your final scrore will include the writing section. IMHO...GRE..."worst test ever!"

Drogue:
                    In US colleges at least, credits roughly equal the number of hours per week you spend in class. Your final grade point average is then weighted by the number of credit "hours" each class is worth.
                    "People sit in chairs!" - Bobby Baccalieri

Comment

20th Century US History: A+
                      Algebra II: A(-) Either A or A-. I'm a year ahead of my grade and in a class of two, so its difficult.
                      Physics: A
                      English: A- (B+ maybe)
                      Spanish: A

Those are quarter grades. Exam grades will all be over 100 except Math and English, which gives me a shot at getting more than one A+ for semester grades.

I'm a hopeless dork.
                      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I'm a senior in comp sci at Washington State

Neural Networks was cake,
                        Computer Graphics/Opengl was irritating as hell, but not a problem
                        Operating Systems was a lot of work, but it worked out ok
                        Algorithms is kicking my @$$ and the final has got me sweating up a storm
                        By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
                          I'm an ignorant Brit, so can someone explain to me what a credit is where they are?
                          credits have nothing to do with the level of a class. It has to do with how many hours you are in class that week.

For example, my psych201 class gives 3 hours of credit, and I have class 3 days a week for one hour.

My Computer science class meets 3 days a week for an hour of lecture, and once a week for 2 hours of lab work. However I only get 3 hours of credit for it since lab usually doesn't count.

So if you have 19 hours of credit, that means that you spend ~19 hours sitting in a desk listening to a professor lecture, and a couple extra hours listening to a TA in a lab or discussion section for which you get no credit

Comment

did fairly good this semester, got something along the lines of:
                            -Roman History: possibly an A+, nothing like a senior history major sneaking into a class with lots of frosh
                            -History of Science to 1700: Horrible horrible class were I usually fall asleep, apparently the prof really really likes my BS so I'll probably get an A
                            -Forms of Freedom: Probably a B+ unless the prof really likes/hates my final paper.

Thesis Tutorial: nothing til next semester
                            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Just finished my 1st semester at the University of Pittsburgh:

Introduction to Microeconomic theory: A
                              Honors US History Since 1945: B+
                              Introduction to Psychology: B+
                              Introduction to Sociology: A+
                              "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

So if you have 19 hours of credit, that means that you spend ~19 hours sitting in a desk listening to a professor lecture, and a couple extra hours listening to a TA in a lab or discussion section for which you get no credit
                                Funny, but ehm.. just don't go if you don't want to

And it is really depressing for me that all you guys have finished and can start your holidays, enjoy a little christmas cake and all.. while i'm starting my exams january 13th

PS goddamn this stinking fker next to me here almost makes me vomit... i wish i had my own computer

i also vote for mandatory showers every thursday!! (jezus, blargh)
                                "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                                "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Working...
                                X