X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financial Discipline.

I don't have.

And it's starting to take its toll.

Whatever I have, I'll spend it. Then I'm OK without any, untill the next pay comes when I will spend it again, all of them.

Plus I don't "do" tax sheets. Well, actually I do but always delayed - and pay the fine.

And I still owe money to the tax agency. I could have cleared it all up when I got a nice sum of money, but nope, I go and spend it all again.

Is it a disease or something?

I can't hold on to money.

When I go out, I don't care, I'll always order whatever I fancy never caring about money or if I can afford it. If my cash card or my pockets are filled, that's all I care for. I'll provide for my friends pay the whole bill myself (they do the same if I don't have any money).

Not a thought about financial responsibilities.

I feel like suffocating when I have no money to spend.

I mean it's alright but I feel SO much better when I spend 'em.

But I spend them without any regard for the future.

I have never been denied anything in my life when growing up, could that be it?

Even though my family was not wealthy they always provided for me.

And it's not like I don't realize what financial strain is, I do, or do I?

It's like I don't care for the future at all.

You're young, go and spend it, as my father would say, but it gets restrictive.

For example I can't plan to buy something of value because I never know if I can afford it! (because of the money I owe to the tax agency).

Never ANY planning.

My money go to everyday things. It's not like I go spend days at the Hilton or anything.

Expensive drinks, expensive mags, expensive dinners (on almost daily basis) that's it, my money is all gone.

And it gets more and more frustrating.

But if I am to think that I shouldn't buy this because I can't afford it, I'd get depressed!!!!! I'll buy it and the hell with it.

I'm probably ****ed.

The way I figure is I prefer to not plan and have the consequences than just stop and think and don't give the money...

It all came to a point few ays ago.

I had a nice sum of money and it was EXACTLY what I owed the tax agency.

If I would give it in, I wouldn't have any debts. Free as a bird.

But what did I do? No, I put it all in my bank account and start spending it. And not only that. I refuse to check my account to see how much money there was left.

Untill the ATM says, at some point, that there's no more to give me (logical)

I refused to check. Like that bird which hides his head in the sand...

Anybody in a similar situation?

"Doctor is it bad?"

Anyway, in the spirit of the recent Poly confessions, that's mine.

I'll try and put some order in my financial house...

That thing with me just eating up all the money I should have given to the tax agency and refusing to check my account but instead just taking and taking it really scared me!

(But I mean it's MY money, I earned it busting my ass working, why would the tax agency have it?
    Because I wasn't ok in my obligations towards it, yes....)

I'm actually too disciplined. I am too frugal. I agonize over buying expensive items. I usually just put it off and don't buy expensive things.

Comment

And I spend them stupidly.

For example, there is a bus that could take me exactly where I want to go.

No. I can't be bothered to wait 15 minutes for it to come and wait at every stop it makes.

I'll take a cab. (They should probably make me honorary president of the Athenian Taxi Association, I get more cabs than anybody)

Let's say there is this product that is cheaper down the street but twice the price in the nearby store.

I'll buy it from the nearby store, I won't bother to go down the street and get it cheaper.

And other stupid, STUPID spending habits like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
        I'm actually too disciplined. I am too frugal. I agonize over buying expensive items. I usually just put it off and don't buy expensive things.
        So do you know exactly what you have, what you owe (if anything), what you can afford to buy etc?

Comment

yes

Comment

I'm frugal too, kind of. It's not like I live the high life or anything.

Most of those are STUPID spendings.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
              yes
              I envy you

Comment

I live on a budget as well, Paiktis. It helps that my vices are few and far between — no drinking or smoking — because that can be a real drain on the incomes of those who do partake in such activities.

I don't live extravagantly by any means — I have a 1990 vehicle, student and computer loans to repay and live in an efficiency apartment — but it's enough to get by and even save some (even if I end up having to buy medication for a chronic condition I was recently diagnosed with).

My point? Live like me, and all shall be fine.

Gatekeeper
                "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Don't forget that pricy cable modem connection, Gatekeeper .
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper
                    I live on a budget as well, Paiktis. It helps that my vices are few and far between — no drinking or smoking — because that can be a real drain on the incomes of those who do partake in such activities.

I don't live extravagantly by any means — I have a 1990 vehicle, student and computer loans to repay and live in an efficiency apartment — but it's enough to get by and even save some (even if I end up having to buy medication for a chronic condition I was recently diagnosed with).

My point? Live like me, and all shall be fine.

Gatekeeper

Well I do smoke and it IS a financial drain. Like I say to the store, I came to pay for my cancer

Alcohol there's a thing. I don't drink except on weekends (except... exceptions!) but I do stupid spendings there as well. For example all those Smirnoff Ice, Space etc I go and buy them from a convinient store (or the Greek equivalant, the kiosk) which prices them 3 times more than a supermarket, and they are expensive to start with. But I don't care Stupid spendings there as well.

Also, saving money? What's that?

(I do have a financial safety net sort of, but I hate asking money from my mom and I never have done it from the moment I started working and I don't plan to)

Bah, what I need is a wife to get my butt in order (yeah right )

Seriously, sorry to hear about the diagnosis.

Comment

Paiktis, get married
                      Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                      Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                      Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

tax sheets? doesn't your workplace calculate your taxes automatically and pays them for you? I know that's how it mostly works here (unless you're a private enterpreneur )
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

tax sheets? doesn't your workplace calculate your taxes automatically and pays them for you? I know that's how it mostly works here
                          Not here. Plus it gets complicated since I also have a private enterpenerial status in the tax agency besides the salary type since I do a few sidekicks besides my main job from time to time. (and the income from that is registered as free lance)

Saras, stop sounding like my grandmother

Comment

Originally posted by Saras
                            Paiktis, get married
                            That's actually excellent advice. You don't have to marry someone who will extinguish your entire desire to live, simply somone who will figure out how much you can afford to spend and who gives you your allowance each day to spend as you see fit.
                            He's got the Midas touch.
                            But he touched it too much!
                            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Take control of yourself.

You realize that getting cabs to save 15 minutes and other behaviours are stupid, so stop doing it in that kind of thing.
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                              X