I vow to destroy the Virtual Professor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I vow to destroy the Virtual Professor

For he doth invade even though I have a pop-up blocker. How doth he skirt my defenses so?!?!

I curse at him! From hell's heart, I stab at him! For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at him!
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

I have a pop-up blocker... and NOTHING gets through. Try www.panicware.com
    Infograme: n: a message received and understood that produces certain anger, wrath, and scorn in its recipient. (Don't believe me? Look up 'info' and 'grame' at dictionary.com.)

Comment

Panicware is what I dost have, peasant!!!
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I don't know who the virtual proffesor is, but have you tried deleting all off-line internet content? (I know that some banners will still show with my add killer on, if they are still in my cache)
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
          I don't know who the virtual proffesor is, but have you tried deleting all off-line internet content? (I know that some banners will still show with my add killer on, if they are still in my cache)
          And how wouldst I do that, gentle sir?
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
            Panicware is what I dost have, peasant!!!
            Do you have it set to "aggressive"? I never get pop-ups with it... although I have to "override" a lot...
            Infograme: n: a message received and understood that produces certain anger, wrath, and scorn in its recipient. (Don't believe me? Look up 'info' and 'grame' at dictionary.com.)

Comment

Originally posted by FNBrown

Do you have it set to "aggressive"? I never get pop-ups with it... although I have to "override" a lot...
              Ah, that mayest be it. Now I have set it to "aggressive" mode and eagerly anticipate the death of the knavish professor.

Thank ye, good subject. You may kiss the ring if you wish.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

And how wouldst I do that, gentle sir?
                In IE,

Tools > Internet Options > Delete Files
                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

You have servest me well. My gratitude.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Boris just had to get medieval on the virtual professor.

Comment

I don't use the PanicWare-blocker, but is there a "black list" in the program?
                      If there is, you could add the Professor to the black list of popups that will always be closed.

The reason I ask this is because I use XFX' PopUp Killer, which they sadly enough stopped developing, but I can still expand my black list

Comment

Boris just had to get medieval on the virtual professor.
                        Weep for him, and his children, and his children's children...
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

No, there's no blacklist.

When set to "aggressive" mode, it flat-out shuts down ANY attempt to spawn a new IE window.

This can be a pain on some websites that use javascript and such to gently spawn new windows (even the manual override can leave the site inoperative), but, for the most part, I really, really like it.

While we're on the subject, I must extend my enthusiastic endorsement for the SpamPal spam filter. It works for most pop3 e-mail clients, and it's done wonders to essentially eliminate spam in my inbox. It DOES include a blacklist option for the rare SPAM message that gets through the filter.

No "toolbar." No spyware. No ads. Nothing. Just a free product by an angry Brit who wrote a better spam filter and was kind enough to share it with the masses.

Get it at www.spampal.org.uk

Comment

Weep for him, and his children, and his children's children...
                            I am reminded (for reasons unknown) of the following exchange from "Three Amigos":

El Guapo: (trying to recall his exploits with various bandits in his gang - not recognizing Chevy Chase) : Ahh....

Chevy Chase: (poorly disguiesed as a bandit):.... Jose...

El Guapo: .. ah, yes... Jose... remember when we.. uhh...

Chevy Chase: ... raided the village!

El Guapo: Ah, yes... we raided the village... and

Chevy Chase:... stole the women!

El Guapo: Yes! We stole the women!.... and....

Chevy Chase: ...umm... raped the horses!

El Guapo: Yes! We raped the horses!

** brief, uncomfortable silence **

El Guapo: Who the hell are you?!?
                            Last edited by FNBrown; December 17, 2002, 22:00.

Comment

Originally posted by FNBrown
                              This can be a pain on some websites that use javascript and such to gently spawn new windows (even the manual override can leave the site inoperative), but, for the most part, I really, really like it.
                              I know what you mean. My filter isn't all too intelligent at times as well, I can't visit some information pages on ADSL o_O

Oh well, most of the times I browse with Opera anyway, which has an excellent popup blocking feature built-in (same problem with the JS popups on some sites though, but there's nothing much you can do about that).

Comment

Working...
                              X