So who will it be 2004?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Vagabond
    Anyway, a very wise decision by Gore. He'll run in 2008 and win. Especially if his VP candidate is Hillary Clinton.
    That will never happen, unless Gore tell her, he will resign one or two days after taking office. She want the top job and is biting her time until she get a so call mandate from the people to run.
    She said I will not run in 04, however you guy just wait, if there is a dog fight between the other candidates with no clear winner, she will give her name as a peace maker and claim that the people wanted her to be their candidate for President.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph
      Jackson is not very left, he is pro black period. Most of you guy are to young to remember when he started the Rainbow thing. He did not include anyone that was not black until some woman, Latinos and other started to b!tch, then he said that he did not mean to exclude them. I have watch Jackson since 68 and he could care less about non black people.
      Jesse Jackson don't give a **** about black people either. He just exploits them for his own political gain.

Comment

Republicans have a pro-choice Secretary of State. Colin Powell is pro-choice, isn't he?
        Freedom is just unawareness of being manipulated.

Comment

Anyway, whoever of the guys/gals included in the poll runs in 2004, he is doomed to defeat. That is because Bush is doomed to victory. Well, unless there is a major f***-up in Iraq. The 2004 elections will be similar to 1984 and 1996.

Comment

Show me a major conservative who is pro-welfare and pro-gay rights. It's certainly quite a rarity in the GOP.

Show me a major liberal who is pro-life and pro-police (and btw, pro-police means being against Miranda warnings and for giving the police more rights to search people if you weren't aware).

It's quite a rarity in the Dems .

Plenty of pro-welfare Republicans: Olympia Snow, Arlen Spector, Dennis Hastert, and even *gasp* President Bush . I don't recall a single Republican saying welfare should be reversed.

Furthermore, outside of the Northeast and California there aren't many DEMOCRATS who are pro-gay rights, not saying anything about Republicans.

Remember the 'Defense of Marriage Act' passed by a wide margin.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph
              That will never happen, unless Gore tell her, he will resign one or two days after taking office. She want the top job and is biting her time until she get a so call mandate from the people to run.
              She said I will not run in 04, however you guy just wait, if there is a dog fight between the other candidates with no clear winner, she will give her name as a peace maker and claim that the people wanted her to be their candidate for President.
              Hillary is a clever lady. Much as she may want the job, she will realize she has no chance. The most she can hope for is to become the first ever female VP.

Comment

Originally posted by The Vagabond

Hillary is a clever lady. Much as she may want the job, she will realize she has no chance. The most she can hope for is to become the first ever female VP.
                Am I the only one here who thinks that the Dems would never, ever, ever nominate Hillary for either post? She's one of the most polarizing, alienating figures in politics, and among the people she alienates are Republican women, whom the Dems count on for cross-over votes. I suspect the Senate is it for her.
                "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

I voted for Hilary in the poll. However, I have no idea who Edwards is. Can someone fill me in?

Regardless, the guy who wins a is most often a general or governor. Who are the really attractive Democrat governors?

I General Franks a Democrat?
                  http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Those who pray for a knight in shining armor to end the Bush scourge are going to have to wait until 2008 unless Bush's numbers start tanking in a hurry. Few strong candidates are willing to risk their one shot at the presidency taking on a popular incumbent. And the clock is ticking, there isn't all that much time to get a presidential run organized in time for the primaries.
                    He's got the Midas touch.
                    But he touched it too much!
                    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

I have no idea who Edwards is. Can someone fill me in?

He is the young, moderate Senator of North Carolina. The strike against him is that he is in his first term, so he's still young and has only had to deal with the electorate in a big time election once.

edit: Senator, not Governor.
                      Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; December 18, 2002, 04:23.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                        I voted for Hilary in the poll. However, I have no idea who Edwards is. Can someone fill me in?

Regardless, the guy who wins a is most often a general or governor. Who are the really attractive Democrat governors?

I General Franks a Democrat?
                        Edwards is a young (by Senate standards) centrist/conservative Senator from NC who endeared himself to Dems by unseating incumbent uber-conservative Lauch Faircloth a few years back. Especially with Gore gone, but even without, he would be the DLC candidate.

In the 20th century, most presidents who were initially elected (as opposed to ascending on death or resignation) have indeed come up from governorships (Wilson, FDR, Reagan, Carter, Clinton, Bush II), followed by the Senate (McKinley, Harding, Kennedy), theh Cabinet (Taft, Hoover), and then the Vice Presidency (Bush I). Tied for last with the Veeps, only Eisenhower was a general; I think that route is more 19th-century.
                        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Deleted once Imran edited.

Comment

n the 20th century, most presidents who were initially elected (as opposed to ascending on death or resignation) have indeed come up from governorships

Yep, which makes the Republicans unseating of Democrat Governors in Georgia and South Carolina unsettling to Democrat hopes in 2004. If Governor Barnes of Georgia won his reelection big, he would have been a GOOD choice: moderate Dem, Southern governor. Could have given Bush a run for his money... but he lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler

I bet you it's lower than you think, but they're all conservative anyway so it doesn't matter.
                              ...you mean like the followers of Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Louis Farrakan, and Khalid Muhammed?
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                                n the 20th century, most presidents who were initially elected (as opposed to ascending on death or resignation) have indeed come up from governorships

Yep, which makes the Republicans unseating of Democrat Governors in Georgia and South Carolina unsettling to Democrat hopes in 2004. If Governor Barnes of Georgia won his reelection big, he would have been a GOOD choice: moderate Dem, Southern governor. Could have given Bush a run for his money... but he lost.
                                Yep, except for Gray Davis, they don't have a single gov with potential national visibility. It's' a real problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X