Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thought you guys might get a kick out of this one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought you guys might get a kick out of this one.

Some of you may have noticed my absence from the forums in the past few days. I was in Boston, for the Harvard Model United Nations conference. My committee had two issues to debate: Conflict Diamonds, and Maritime Piracy. We spent nearly all of our time on the first issue, so I made sure to have a resolution ready for Piracy should it come up. And, for your enjoyment, here it is:

Resolution ARRRRR.1
    Special Political and Decolonization Committee
    Topic Area B: Maritime Piracy

Signatories: Djibouti & Pals

Recognizes that piracy is a much publicised and glorified trade;

Further recognizes that a majority of delegates participating in tis committee are, in fact, pirates.

Duly notes that the parrot and other talking species of bird are the most popular animal companion, or pet, in this committee.

Noting with deep regret the vast number of delegates with one or more wooden legs.

1. Authorizes the United Nations to monitor acts of piracy on both high seas, and low seas, in order to;
    A. Prevent senseless killing of parrots and other fowl which were previously note in the preambulatory clauses;
    B. Ensures that all piracy will be done in a humorous manner;
    C. Provide for free bottles of rum to intoxicate pirates enough to lessen piracy's effect on the global market;

2. Requires the registratio of all parrots because;
    A. Evidence shows parrots are the true "brains" of the operation in any act related to piracy;
    B. Parrots frighten me;

3. Strongly encourages the use of the word "YAARRGH."
    Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals....except the weasel -Homer
    Who's up for some scroungin'? -Homer

Cute.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
    X