Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC game sales decline for first time ever, Console sales continue to break records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think console RPGs have become a bunch of crap. I remember the golden days of console RPGs; Final Fantasy III, Chrono Trigger, etc. Heck, now even PC RPGs suck, look at the Ulitima 9 debacle, the game is rediculously buggy and unstable.

PS: SHUT IT FEZZIE, no politics in this thread. Console vs. PC doesnt equal Right vs. left. Don't get sent to Mingapulco, it's boring without you.

Comment

• I agree Odin, RPGs have been on a slow downward slope for the most part in recent years.
      http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I think one of the biggest problems with new games in general is that we seem to have reached a point in technology and "one-upsmanship" (for lack of a better term) that games are actually becoming worse to play. You can only make a game so complex and with so many functions and options before all the little nit-picky things overwhelm the simplistic fun of actually playing. That's why Civ II was so good - a perfect balance between micro-management and game flow. Sure, we all wished for more and different things, but can you imagine how many things you could actually have to worry about if you put all of them in?
        "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
        "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• I think console RPGs have become a bunch of crap. I remember the golden days of console RPGs; Final Fantasy III, Chrono Trigger, etc. Heck, now even PC RPGs suck, look at the Ulitima 9 debacle, the game is rediculously buggy and unstable.

Morrowind? Arcanum? Neverwinter Nights? PC RPG's are defintely on the upswing, not the downswing.

Console RPGs defintely suck though
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Ultima 9 is hardly a stirring example of PC RPGs, but that was 3 years ago. And in the end it wasn't an RPG anyway, it was a linear adventure game with horrendously crappy plot.

Certainly there is a huge string of RPG hits for the PC that one can't deny are superb. The Baldur's Gate series alone can be held up as a good example.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• While I agree that the quality of console RPG's has fallen off in recent years, there are still some great games being released. Eternal Arcadia and Golden Sun are two of the best RPG's I've played and they were both realeased in the past couple years.
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• The important thing is whether I should use my prestige to buy a Churchill, which is slow and expensive but hard to kill, or buy two Fireflies which are fast and hit hard but are likely to get creamed by any Tigers I run into.

Oh, you can play this game on both PCs and consoles? Fancy that.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmytrick
                  The important thing is whether I should use my prestige to buy a Churchill, which is slow and expensive but hard to kill, or buy two Fireflies which are fast and hit hard but are likely to get creamed by any Tigers I run into.

Oh, you can play this game on both PCs and consoles? Fancy that.
                  http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X