No announcement yet.

How long are posts stored on apolyton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long are posts stored on apolyton?

A LONG time ago(at least 7 months....possibly longer, I lurk more then I post here, I read daily, post every couple of days), I wrote a long post about how free will is an illusion and were all automotons.....I now have a writing assignment I have to do, and with significant lengthening to my original post, it would be perfect. Anyone remember that post? Tried to find it on the boars, but no luck........wish this board has a better search feature heh.

Any suggestions on how to get that old essay I wrote on the board?

Go to Archives... and then select OTF. Page 76 is around May 26th.

There are 238 pages of archives, going back to November of last year

Happy Hunting.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

That is like looking for a needle in a haystack?
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
        Go to Archives... and then select OTF. Page 76 is around May 26th.

There are 238 pages of archives, going back to November of last year

Happy Hunting.
        Ming I need to find this post ASAP, and I dont even know when I made it........sorting like that will take me AGES-do you have any kind of admin search function? I dont post THAT often.....and though I only post on the OT board I have less then 300 posts....I would NEVER find it just manually going through the archive....

Comment

If you can't get the search feature to do what you want, this is the only choice he has.... bummer
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

Ming-Even if I comb through a years worth of off topic board posts(which would take FOREVER) odds are pretty good I would miss it in the mass of posts........come on-do you have any admin search function-I would assume you would have some function which would allow you to neatly see all of a users posts, in chronological order.

Comment

Give me some more clues and I'll find what you are looking for. I'm good at this
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen
                I would assume you would have some function which would allow you to neatly see all of a users posts, in chronological order.
                So do you... click on the profile button on any of your posts... then click on view posts by user
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

I posted an essay I was working on the boards for criticism(wasent written for any assignment, decided to write it for myself) called "free will is an illusion" or something like that.....I gave the old "the universe is one big chemical reaction" argument(Im not a proponent of quantum theory heh), the post grew pretty big.

I got to go afk for like 2 hours, I'll continue my searching when I return.

Comment

I never knew you could sort by a users posts.......gah HEH!

And I now know I have 557 posts, and I never knew I had so many(as ot posts dont count towards your total).

I"ll check through it in 2 hours-ty.

Comment

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Got it...

Added after posted...

Damn... Damn... Damn... The Great God was faster than I was...

Keep on Civin'

Comment

Heh thanks guys, BUT as soon as I made my last post, I edited it saying "Thanks I got it!" electrical storm here, why I had to go.....lost power, guess the edit didnt make it ;(.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                            If you can't get the search feature to do what you want, this is the only choice he has.... bummer
                            It is also exactly what I'm doing now, as I'm looking for a thread that got posted late September, early October of this year.

In this time, I have seen 4 threads about Social Security that I posted to and God knows how many "Iraq" and "Bush" threads! I've still to find my thread - I'm now heading in the opposite chronological position from my starting point.

Comment

Working...
                            X