Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corporate Cronies sliped parasite software into PtW.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corporate Cronies sliped parasite software into PtW.

I installed DirectX 8.1 to play PtW and aparently the net company that runs a portal called Xupiter.com snuck a parisite spy program that sneaks extra pop-ups, ruins my security, and gives me more junk mail. I try to delete it but windows won't let me. Capitalist bast@rds.

I love Capitalism because it is the only system that works.

You might want to try another capitalist invention called Ad-aware?
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Fez
      I love Capitalism because it is the only system that works.
      The Soviet Union's adoption of communism and the subsequent rapid industrialization of that country suggests otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Carver

The Soviet Union's adoption of communism and the subsequent rapid industrialization of that country suggest otherwise.
        Uh huh, and can you still point to that example today? Is the Soviet Union alive today? From the way I see it, you just been debunked. Capitalism is the only system that works pal. Live with it.

Anyways... Odin, it is most likely spyware... and ad-aware could be the program to remove it.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

I have doubts that PtW is the source of your problems, but either way I use a program called SpyBot Search & Destroy v1-1. It's pretty good at killing things on my computer that shouldn't be there and are there against my wishes. I don't know if Xupiter.com crap is checked for, but chances are good that it is. Good Luck.

The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Fez

Uh huh, and can you still point to that example today? Is the Soviet Union alive today? From the way I see it, you just been debunked. Capitalism is the only system that works pal. Live with it.
            If I have a cell phone, and I'm talking on it just fine to someone across the world, and suddenly it slips into my sink, does it mean it never worked at all?
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

nice one Tassadar. Though you know he won't get it.
              Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Originally posted by Tassadar5000

If I have a cell phone, and I'm talking on it just fine to someone across the world, and suddenly it slips into my sink, does it mean it never worked at all?
                Well you can buy a new phone... but the USSR is long gone pal doomed to fail in the beginning.

Comment

Like communism, the phone is down the drain.

A better analogy would be that you're talking on a Nokia just fine and suddenly someone from Samsung comes over, grabs the phone out of your hand, throws it on the ground and smashes it.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Fez

You have to remember that the cold war was costing the Soviet Union something in the region of half of its GCP by the time it collapsed. Its hard to maintain an economic structure working under that strain. No-one disputes that Capitalism is abetter wealth creator than any other economic system but left in isolation a command lead economy can also work.

I vaguelly recall having this argument before so to save time and effort, I'll conceed the argument now but I do have a valid point.
                    (+1)

Comment

Originally posted by Fez

Well you can buy a new phone... but the USSR is long gone pal doomed to fail in the beginning.
                      I assume the same goes for the Peoples Republic of China?
                      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Fez

Administration and poor budgeting were the SU's main problems in later years. Communism has never failed as an economic plan when applied appropriately. China, India, Iran, Cuba, and others, have all benefitted from central planning and government involvment in enterprise, to varying degrees.

Comment

I assume the same goes for the Peoples Republic of China?
                          The PRC is communist? Since when? I thought it ditched those ideals in the 80s?

You have to remember that the cold war was costing the Soviet Union something in the region of half of its GCP by the time it collapsed. Its hard to maintain an economic structure working under that strain. No-one disputes that Capitalism is abetter wealth creator than any other economic system but left in isolation a command lead economy can also work.

I vaguelly recall having this argument before so to save time and effort, I'll conceed the argument now but I do have a valid point.
                          Yup but I was talking about the circumstances the USSR was running under. And the only point I made was that if the two systems were put up against each other, capitalism would win by far.

Comment

Originally posted by Carver

Administration and poor budgeting were the SU's main problems in later years. Communism has never failed as an economic plan when applied appropriately. China, India, Iran, Cuba, and others, have all benefitted from central planning and government involvment in enterprise, to varying degrees.
                            Countries like North Korea really have benefitted from having a Centrally planned economy.

Face it, Capitalism is way better than communism.

Anyways BACK TO THE TOPIC...

Comment

If y'all are quite finished thread-jacking, how's'bout offering suggestions (like me and Fez have already done)...
                              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Working...
                              X