No announcement yet.

Define Terrorism: Win $1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrorism: anything the winner says it is.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• my definition is that it easier to kill for ones cause than to live by it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Calc II
        If Osma eventually wins, you state that his act will no longer be recognized as terrorism but rather revolution. Somehow, I think alot of people will disagree with you on this one.
        History is written by the victors. Whoever wins, will slant the story in their own favor.
        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

• Terrorism: anything the winner says it is.
          and

my definition is that it easier to kill for ones cause than to live by it!
          I like these both.

Terrorism is more of a tacted used in war more than a pseudonym.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
            Terrorism: anything the winner says it is.
            Thanks Che, I'll use that to win $1000. LOL

Che is sadly 100% right though, but I don't think these guys will give you a $1000 for a definition that depends on individual's perspective.
            :-p

Comment

• Originally posted by mrmitchell

Originally posted by Calc II
              If Osma eventually wins, you state that his act will no longer be recognized as terrorism but rather revolution. Somehow, I think alot of people will disagree with you on this one.
              History is written by the victors. Whoever wins, will slant the story in their own favor.

I know. In fact what I said will exactly be the truth. Just most people right now will disagree that is "true" (our view).
              :-p

Comment

• Calc, the reason that we would disagree with this view is because we (americans) are the target audience of our government and media's spin campaign to influence our view of how these acts are defined. Funny, people in muslim nations refer to many of the acts that we practice as terrorism. Mostly we call it collateral damage or a mistake. (e.g. that wedding party over in afghanistan that we bombed)
                People do not agree with this view because it is an emotionally charged issue and they cannot look objectively at it. Personally, I'm for killing muslims wherever they are found, just because their religion seems to be at odds with our existence. Yeah, I know, I'm a radical.... Ever play civilization???? Sign a rights of passage agreement, set your troops up in their land and then attack them???? I know I have. When you meet your enemy, offer an olive branch, then follow with the sword. Muslims saying that they do not hate us and/or are not at war with us are just trying to confuse people so that the "terrorists" or "holy warriors" (depending on what side you're on) can go about their business unfettered.... That's what I think, anyhoo.

Comment

• Also: Calc II wrote: If Osma eventually wins, you state that his act will no longer be recognized as terrorism but rather revolution. Somehow, I think alot of people will disagree with you on this one.

Somehow I think that if osama wins, anyone calling his acts anything other than jihad or holy war (especially anyone calling it terrorism) will probably be beheaded. The fact of the matter is that if Osama wins, I'm sure nobody will openly call his acts terrorism. He'll be known as the liberator who removed the yoke of the great satan from the world. He'll be a hero, and Bush a hitler. People will have the opinions that they are told to have. Do we see the American Revolution as treason? I bet most English alive at the time did....

Comment

Working...
                  X