Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Sports Discussion (ie, Apolyton US Sports Bar)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ming
    If Pudge ends up in Chicago... Hope Springs Eternal
    hope springs eternal every year in chicago with cubs fans. I think that most of them have been smoking something other than tobbacco

Comment

• What's a pisser is that Pudge could play for nothing at this point.
      It's not like he's on welfare or anything.
      Ahhh, for the days of mutual loyalties.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• MUTUAL LOYALTIES... The owners of the team screwed him... And why should he play for nothing just because the owners can't afford him anymore thanks to "somebody" else on the team who is making too much money
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Btw, I spent the last few hours watching (on ESPN2) watching an incredibly exciting college football D1-AA Semifinal game! Unfortunetly #3 Georgia Southern lost to #14 Western Kentucky (I guess that meant #3 didn't deserve to go ).

Now for the DII championship game! Grand Valley v. Valdosta!
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I agree... I've been watching the playoffs today as well.

To Bad 1-A doesn't do that. What a great playoff that would have been this year
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Yep... some great games... lost .

An hour and a half until the Heisman's awarded .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• That's the real shame... there could have been some GREAT games, but alas... now we get cheesy bowl games that mean very little, and what will probably be a boring championship game. College Football fans got screwed AGAIN this year
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

MUTUAL LOYALTIES... The owners of the team screwed him... And why should he play for nothing just because the owners can't afford him anymore thanks to "somebody" else on the team who is making too much money
                  Who? Alex Rodriquez? He does things no other SS has ever done.
                  At least the league is attempting some type of slary structure/cap.
                  If one wanted to be totally fair, you'd pay all 8 positions the same.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Sure... Alex is great... but because of his contract, the owners won't offer Pudge what he really deserves. So they have told this LOYAL player that he can play for them for FAR less than he deserves, or he can leave...

So why should he be loyal to them... They screwed him
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Yeah, all the players are overpaid... but you can't fault A-Rod. He didn't force Hicks to give him that money. And besides... unlike the Hamptons, Delgados and Griffeys, he's done nothing but produce... A-Rod's a run producer at the highest level, while playing a position where run production is a bonus.
                      "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                      "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

• I don't fault A-Rod... he is one of the players that is worth the money. And yes, all players are overpaid, and the owners only have themselves to blame.

I was just responding to Slow's comments that Pudge wasn't being loyal to his team. And frankly, he should piss on the side of the stadium on the way out of town because he has been treated like crap.
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

• I an't believe I'm standing up at all for Ranger management, but the salary structure shifts came after his deal was done, screwing the team in general, and Pudge in particular, and the fans the most.
                          Yeah, it's a good thing to have, but there would have been fallout any time.

Comment

• So don't abuse Pudge for his lack of loyality... Management could pay him if they wanted to... but they don't.
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

I was just responding to Slow's comments that Pudge wasn't being loyal to his team. And frankly, he should piss on the side of the stadium on the way out of town because he has been treated like crap.
                              True... but loyalty has no place in baseball, or any pro sport, anymore. Look at the NFL... blow out a knee, and watch your contract get voided so that the team can free some cap space the following year. Baseball owners would do that as as well, if they could as easily. It's a business... for that matter, employer-employee loyalty in the land of normal people vanished sometime after the 60s, I think.

Not to change the subject, but have we already decided who wins the Heisman? McGahee convinced me with those last 6 TDs, but Johnson's 2K yards looks impressive.
                              "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                              "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

• True... these is very little loyality left in any sport. And that's why I got pissed at Slow for his attack on Pudge for his lack of loyality to the fans. Loyality is a two way street, and the Rangers management was asking for it to be one way street... screw em. Pudge deserved better.
                                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                                X