Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Sports Discussion (ie, Apolyton US Sports Bar)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is going to be a great matchup (9ers v. Pack). I can't wait to see who comes out of that.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Richter is a class act, but he's been a third-rate goalie for a few years now. Long past time he retired.

Good article about Marty Turco in SI this week. The man was a god here in Ann Arbor. I **** you not, his career record in games where he went into the third period with a lead: 103-0-2. (Or something obscene like that; I'm 100% certain it is >100 wins, and 95% certain it is zero losses.)
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• 49ers have a lot of RB injuries right now.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• 9ers need a running game this week. Pack has been exposed in not being able to defense the run.

They better hope Hearst has some legs left.
          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Richter is a class act, but he's been a third-rate goalie for a few years now.

That does seem to be the case when you are on a team with a ****ty defense. Believe me, it wasn't Richter that was the problem. Without him they'd be much worse off (but better in terms of picks).
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• The goalie is only as good as his defense. Great goalies can do a lot for their teams, but if the defense keeps letting people shoot point blank on him, even the best will suck.

And the Black Hawks gave up the tieing goal with like 8 seconds left. The game ended in a tie. The defense broke down, and the goalie didn't stand a chance... sigh.

I guess they will settle for a road tie.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Ah a tie... the story of Chicago sports... no wait... that would be a loss .

Comment

• Be nice

It was a tough one to watch. They had struggled to a 1 - 0 lead... and then a complete breakdown of the defense with less than 10 seconds left.. sigh.

We had missed an empty net goal seconds earlier, and two other shots hit the post... typical
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Nice?

Ming, you know everyone in Chicago says the teams there suck. I was just joining in .

Comment

• I agree... they all suck (except the Wolves, our second rate hockey team).

Maybe next year... at least the Cubs are moving in the right direction, and since they sucked last year, it means they will make a run at the playoffs this year. The pitching staff is solid, and we dumped some dead wood.

A relief staff would be a nice improvement... sigh.
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Well if the Cubs got Pudge, then they could definetly make a good run.

Comment

• It would be nice. The experts are saying that we are the best bet. I hope they are right. After a year of Hundley.... ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The management seems willing to spend the money. Last year, when they need a closer, they bought the best closer available, but he ended up sucking

If Pudge ends up in Chicago... Hope Springs Eternal
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Of course, he might decide he likes the weather in St. Louis better .

Just kidding .

Comment

• At this point... who knows. But our management is making a serious attempt. We shall see. It would be nice to see a catcher ABLE TO THROW TO SECOND BASE for a change. Last year was pathetic with Hundley...
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Hey, you signed him . Can't blame anyone but your own GMs.

Comment

Working...
                                X