Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IF tommorow the Palestinian people peacably protested in the street+did so for month

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF tommorow the Palestinian people peacably protested in the street+did so for month

What do you think would happen?

They'd get the state they want much faster then by killing scores of civilians....

Discuss

The Israeli Government would assume yet another uprising was occuring since they probably still have a curfew over the region in many places. Violence would ensue on both sides. Same old song and dance...
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Re: IF tommorow the Palestinian people peacably protested in the street+did so for month

Originally posted by Vesayen
      What do you think would happen?

They'd get the state they want much faster then by killing scores of civilians....

Discuss
      If Arafat had adopted Ghandi's ways, there would have been a Palesinian state before the '67 war.
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

The Israeli government would have said they were rabble rousing, turn the IDF on them and blame them for any resulting violence.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

If Arafat had adopted Ghandi's ways, there would have been a Palesinian state before the '67 war.

Seeing that Arafat wasn't in control of Palestine until the mid 80s, this statement shows the depths of your ignorance on the subject.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

What you have to remember is that the hard-line Palestinians want the complete destruction of the state of Israel (no doubt the hard-line Israelis would say a similar thing about the Palestinian territories). If people are prepared to blow themselves up, it's pretty consistent to say they're hard-line. Why would they want to protest peacefully when they want to "destroy the enemy"?
            Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Imran, Before '67, Arab states controlled the West Bank and Gaza. Had Arafat chosen the path of non violence, he just may have been able to set a Palestinian state before the '67 war. Instead, he almost single-handedly provoked that war through acts of terrorism launched from Gaza, for example.
              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

You are silly, aren't you? Or being purposefuly daft.

Arafat was leader of ONE group. Without him, Hamas and Islamic Jihad still would have existed!

Comment

What I am suggesting is that the PLO was the only organization before '67 trying to set up a Palestinian State. It didn't happen because of Arafat chose the path of confrontation with Israel even then. He could have asked Jordon and Egypt to allow him to set up a Palestinian State in the occuppied territories - occuppied by Arab powers. Had he done so and was willing to live in peace with Israel, Palestine would be more than thirty years old today.

Comment

Has anyone read Sum of All Fears?

Comment

IF tommorow the Palestinian people peacably protested in the street+did so for month... and continued with non-violent protests for a year or two, they would've gotten a state in most of the 1967 borders.

The Israeli public opinion supports an eventual Palestinian state and the removal of settlements.
                      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Do your turn.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat
                          Has anyone read Sum of All Fears?
                          you do realise that by doing so you are only encouraging Tom Clancy... right?
                          A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

I think most of the israelians only want peace peace peace. They have jobs, a social life, why would they want war?

People in democratic countries only want war if they're scared because of unsafety, because they're bored (mass unemployement), don't have food.

I'm sure that if the palestinians stop violence / counter-violence, whatever you want to name it, there will be peace.

But since there is hate, much hate, on both sides violence will keep on happening.

I think the israelians should be the 'wise old brother' in the conflict, and remove their settlements.
                            They could at least do that to show their willing for peace to the rest of the world.

If that fails, and palestinian violence goes on, there's no reason left over to drive them out of the country.
                            But I dare to bet that the violence will stop after Israel removes the settlements.
                            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

CyberShy, Why would anyone make unilateral concessions? The Israeli's won't make any absent a peace treaty. The PALs won't make any without a treaty.

But before there can be negotiations the PALs need to hold elections. If Arafat will not call for elections, they should simply wait while making it clear what they are waiting for.

Comment

Working...
                              X