Massive anti-war demo in Italy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive anti-war demo in Italy.

Come on we have like a dozen iraq threads and nothing about this at Poly?

Here I provide the first item you fill in the rest of the info!

Demonstrators arrive from Greece in Ancona's harbor on their way to Pisa and Florence, central Italy, for the start of the four-day European Social Forum summit on Wednesday, Nov. 6, 2002. (AP Photo/Daniele Cimino)

15-0.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Looks like a tenis match score

to the point please.

Comment

They know how war will be averted. Convince Iraq to follow the UN's demands.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

It has.

Comment

Apparently the Security Council deemed the Iraqi effort otherwise.

Comment

Good thing that nothingbad happened.

Last time we hosted one of those demonstration (a couple of years ago in Genoa) it ended in a massive fight of Demos vs Military-Police

This time everything is going peacefully.

I went yerstuday in Florence to take part of the Demo.

There were a lot of people from other nationalities, it was great.

What I didn't like instead was that I was one of the few people of the political right in the demo.

Saluti
              "Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else.
              The trick is the doing something else."
              — Leonardo da Vinci
              "If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
              "In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio

Comment

Saddam called the resolution "diabolical", so whatever these demonstrators do, war is practically certain.
                DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

DanS, so now the UN is all good? Iraq accepted unconditional entry of Weapon inspectors.

Giovanni, you didn't strike me as a right winger.

Comment

Wrong! Iraq would never comply with anything... except some communists and other leftists will believe the Iraqi Government for the 17th time that they will... but of course they will lie again and nothing will get done if we follow the ideas of the radical left.

Therefore the left must be ignored, and they are being ignored, so the war will be started.
                    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

If Iraq does comply it will be because he knows that if he does not then he will end up like the Taliban. The only thing Saddam understands is brute force. That's why we have a full squadron of B-2 bombers, 4 carrier groups, and several thousands tanks and marines ready to back up this resolution. That, Saddam understands.

When are liberals going to understand that when you are dealing with a dictator like Saddam, appeasement is what causes war, but the threat of war is what creates peace.
                      'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                      G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Originally posted by JCG
                        [clip]....whatever these demonstrators do, war is practically certain.
                        At least they get their voices heard. If I lived closer, I'd definitely be there, too.
                        You make my life and times
                        A book of bluesy Saturdays

Comment

We understand that and have no respect whatsoever for sadam. but if he deos comply because of brute force threat then a war must NOT happen.

but the problem is that the US wants a war nevertheless because of oil.

Comment

Incorrect statement number one. The US wants peace in the region and protesting about it, wanting appeasement will create nothing but problems. The US can accomplish peace by the use of military force.
                            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                              We understand that and have no respect whatsoever for sadam. but if he does comply because of brute force threat then a war must NOT happen.

Believe it or not, but Bush does not want to attack Saddam just for the heck of it.

If Saddam complies then we won't have to fire a single shot! We would only have to actually attack Saddam if he fails to comply.
                              'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                              G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Working...
                              X