X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's an encyclopedia?
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• For some of the people in this forum, sure
      The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

• A bookworm eats from the first page of an encyclopedia to the last page.
        The bookworm eats in a straight line.
        The encyclopedia consists of ten 1000-page volumes and is sitting on a bookshelf in the usual order.
        Not counting covers, title pages, etc., how many pages does the bookworm eat? Including the first and the last page.

Follow the yellow line, please

That isn't from the first page to the last.
        <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
        Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

• It is the first and last page of the collection.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemmy
            Yes it is
            Go check for your self in your bookshelves

I'm off to bed now, if anyone cares about my riddle, you can find the answer in "The Hobbit".
            The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemmy
              It's from the first page of the leftmost book to the last page of the rightmost book, because the way that books are arranged on a bookshelf, the first page of a book is on the right, and the last page is on the left (check and see). But books are typically arranged from left to right: for example, an encylopedia's "A" volume would be farthest to the left and it's "Z" volume farthest to the right. So when books are placed in a bookshelf in this fashion, the pages in a book increase in the opposite of the direction in which the books are ordered. How foolish I feel for not realizing that!

I thought I must be missing something, because the problem seemed too easy. But I guess that it's one of those things most people don't think of, which is what makes it a good riddle. Still, even thinking that this was probably a trick problem, I couldn't figure it out...

"God is dead." - Nietzsche
              "Nietzsche is dead." - God

Comment

• Gollum! Gollum! The answer is dark, of course! I remembered the riddle!!
                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• So, wheres your puzzle?
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Here's an easy one

Ten people wrote down their names on one slip of paper each. Then everybody put the slip of paper with their name into a hat. Everyone then drew one of the ten pieces of paper from the hat. What is the probability that exactly 9 people recieved the peice of paper with their name on it?
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

• 0%
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• yep

Comment

• I have some more good ones, so if someone doesn't want to post one, I'll post one.

Comment

• OK its been ten minutes so I'll go ahead and post one. SD should still post something, though, so I have something to solve.

square root(x+sqrt(x+sqrt(x+sqrt...)))=2
                            find x

If someone could make a neater version it would be appreciated. I don't know how.

Hint: the answer is not messy.

Comment

• i think i know, but, fearing having to post a brain teaser myself (of which i have none), i'll withold my answer

Comment

• I'll post another one. Go ahead.

Comment

Working...
                                X