Infuriating Quiz help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infuriating Quiz help needed

You can insert punctuation into the title as you see fit.

I'm trying to complete one of these quizzes where they give you a number then some initials, and you have to expand the expression:

eg: 24 H in a D = 24 Hours in a Day
    32 FP of W in F = 32 Freezing Point of Water in Fahrenheit

etc. Some may be dates, some are mathematical (we had the pair 91 IN a PN [is not a prime number], followed by 97 I [97 is]), some are other stuff. Doing quite well, and only 4 are left - but I've no idea what they are at all. The first three were classed as Medium, while the last one is Evil.

33 V in the H B
    1100 T F T Y
    2006 N W S O
    344 A of H P in A

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I figure the 2006 one might be Next Winter Sports Olympics - but the official title doesn't have "Sports" in it, so an alternative would be good.

Oh, and did you know that the Last Aurochs Died in Poland in 1627?
    The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
    Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
    All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
    "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

you bastard! why don't you give us the whole quiz, eh? grrrrr.
    -connorkimbro
    "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Because a friend has it. I'll post the others if I can borrow it at some point.
      The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
      Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
      All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.

Comment

33 V in the H B

33 volts in the head band. A negative reinforcement technique.

Last edited by SlowwHand; October 9, 2002, 18:25.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Maybe "2006 N W S O" has something to do with the date 20 June, just before the longest day/shortest night. But the Winter Sports Olympics is a good bid as well.

Comment

344 Atoms of Hydrogen Present in A....?
            Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
            Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

33 vertebra in the human body. I think
              "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
              "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

33 vertebras in the human body.

Comment

D'oh!

Comment

Nice try, Winston

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

I think the 33 vertebrae is right. We're born with that many.

Is there a Winter Special Olympics? (I can't believe I'm suggesting this.)
                      "When all else fails, a pigheaded refusal to look facts in the face will see us through." -- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett

Comment

Ah, we thought it might be vertebrae - but a web-search turned up 20-something. You reckon we're born with 33?

Comment

We're born with 33, but they start to fuse. Or something.
                          "When all else fails, a pigheaded refusal to look facts in the face will see us through." -- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett

Comment

I thought it sounded right

Comment

Yes, a revised web search for vertebrae birth 33 confirms that 33 is the standard number at birth.

Comment

Working...
                              X