Clear All

Originally posted by Frogger
    You mean the gag categories?
    You make my life and times
    A book of bluesy Saturdays

Comment

Economics: Adam Smith.

Comment

My laureates for the Nobel prizes, year 2002.

Literature: Salman Rushdie
        Peace: Lakhdar Brahimi
        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Well, for chemistry, we have in the last four years had theoretical chemistry, physical chemistry, polymer chemistry and organic chemistry. Sounds like it is time for inorganic chemistry. Harry Grey, perhaps? I know very little inorganic... Possibly someone in nanotechnology or transistor design.
          Gnu Ex Machina - the Gnu in the Machine

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
            *Thinks back to last year, decides running gag is acceptable*

The Economics Prize is not a Nobel Prize. In 1968, the Bank of Sweden (Sveriges Riksbank) instituted the "Bank of Sweden Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel", and it has since been awarded by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Stockholm

Anyhow, I'm really interested to see who wins this year. Neutrino switching? Just a guess...
            Right particles, wrong discovery

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

An Israeli got the Economics prize.
              "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Lets hope next time it will be the peace prize.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Judging from past experience, a peace prize will only bring another war.
                  "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Detection of neutrinos? How long has that been? 30 years?
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

But what about the Fields medal, dammit!
                      The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                      Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                      All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                      "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Nobody except wacked out mathos cares about the Fields medal.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Apparently, Nobel didn't give provision for a maths medal because his wife had run off with one...
                          The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                          Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                          All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                          "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Poor English strikes again

For a moment I thought you meant she ran off with the maths medal so he couldn't present the prize.
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

So, as usual, does any people who actually do stuff know what the **** these are about?
                              Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                              Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

In Chemistry, I do, and I don't agree. These people did nothing to improve the field of chemistry. Medicine, on the other hand, they helped immeasurably.
                                Gnu Ex Machina - the Gnu in the Machine

Comment

Working...
                                X