No announcement yet.

The Selfishness of Remaining Childless "For Your Career"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron Jeremy
      They got the trains running on time, I hear.
      A myth.

I've still yet to see any support for choosing not to have kids as being either selfish or, as someone rather offensively put it, "stupid."

It is neither, as the reasons for opting not to have kids can be varied. There is no blanket formula for life, as far as I know, and procreation for "adding to the population" and "continuing the species" are really stupid justifications for having kids. It's mentalities like these that have led to there being masses of neglected children, deteriorating urban conditions and rises in crime, poverty, etc.

Frankly, were it as difficult for everyone to have children as it is for same-sex couples, I think the world would be much better off. Then everyone who had kids would have to have REALLY wanted them and jumped through hoops to get them.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• What the original poster doesn't realize in the white trash part of the world (although this also applies to all minorities and even middle class women), women use kids to blackmail and use men.

put your rubber on guys . Women tend to "accidently" get knocked up force you to marry them, and then divorce you taking vaginamony and child support.

Men should always take birth control into their own hands. literally.

use condoms. don't let some conniving b!tch use and abuse nice guys like yourselves.

Comment

• Ladies? Dissident's available, you know.
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• He's a devil with the ladies you know
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• women use men all the time. You don't believe me?

Of course men use women as well. But most are honest and up front about it. They make no illusions all they want out of women is sex.

But women sometimes get pregnant on purpose to weasle money out of men. This is why birth control should always be the guy's responsibility.

Comment

• This is just a shot in the dark, but are you getting any lately?

Comment

• no of course not

but does it matter?

are you saying a woman has never got pregnant on purpose even though the man didn't want kids?

Comment

• and are you saying men should not take repsonsibility for birth control?

I am a nice guy, and I can tell you many ways women take advantage of nice guys.

Comment

• There's a far better reason for putting a helmet on that soldier, and that's preventing diseases. That helmet should only come off if you're committed and have had the necessary tests.

If there are then differences of opinion about breeding? Well that's relationships for you. It's hardly an indictment on the nefarious nature of those lovely ovary-bearing ones.

Comment

• well you can't deny their bilogical urge.

I'm not a woman, so I have no idea what their bilogical urges are

I probably should have figured it out by now, but I haven't

Comment

Working...
                        X