Gore loses mind; 2004 election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gore loses mind; 2004 election

Well ole Al Gore, without the guidence of professional handlers that propped him up through his years as Vice President, has opened his yap and cost himself any chance he might have had at occupany of the White House.

In a tirade fitting for some of the dopey teens here at Poly, Gore warns that Bush will ""severely damage" the overall war on terrorism and "weaken" U.S. leadership in the world."

Further Gore spouts that "Bush has set his sights on getting rid of Hussein because the hunt for Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda terrorists has bogged down."

Given that Gore has taken a position opposite most of his own party as well as 83% of the American public (Gallop poll) it seems that he will be rooting for Iraq when hostilities break out later this year or early next year. Only a poor showing by the US military could save him now.

I can't remember any significant American politician taking this radical a position on such a matter. But I am sure that someone here will come up with a nomination. One thing for sure, as Bush relegates himself to Ralph Nader status he is opening the door for a fresh face to take the podium at the 2004 Democratic Convention.

Maybe Gore says what other politicans don't dare to say. There are already enough american politicians parroting Dubya's propaganda, so I thought Gore's speech was very welcome. At least it shows that some people believe in free speech in the USA today.

Comment

Actually my post was mostly troll. I'll tell you what I really think later.

Comment

There are already enough american politicians parroting Dubya's propaganda, so I thought Gore's speech was very welcome.

The politicians are parroting Bush's views for a reason; they want to have continued careers in politics. Gore's speech may seem ballsy to some, but it was a pretty stupid move, politically. I think that he's getting desperate, as the Democratic nomination in '04 no longer seems to be reserved for him. He's attempting to "pull a Schroeder", to turn a horrible phrase...
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

He must have felt so incredibly lonely in DC... One of the few intelligent and informed politicians. Poor guy.
          Gnu Ex Machina - the Gnu in the Machine

Comment

To think....those same politicians caving into political pressure are also the same politicans who make the decisions on what Americas military does.

Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I think that Hawk Gephart is looking better and better for the nomination. Certain Gore message of appeasement has a lot of problems not only with Bush, but with a lot of Democrats.

Gore's message implicity assumes that Saddam in not working on nuclear weapons and that we have the luxury of time. I think the average American would rather not take that risk.

Gore has indeed lost the nomination, IMHO.
              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Then again, if it turns into a bloodbath he can write his own ticket.
                It is much easier to be critical than to be correct. Benjamin Disraeli

Comment

I'm no Gore fan, and I think he'll lose the nomination because he's damaged goods, not because he's a radical. But everything he says there makes sense, especially the part about how Bush squandered the world's good will after 9/11.

In fact, I'll go out on a limb and predict that that'll be the Dems party line in 2004, regardless of who they nominate: that Bush's War on terrorism is an unfocused, goal-less mess; that his war in Iraq (if it happens) has isolated us from many of our traditional allies; and that post-war Afganistan (and Iraq, if it happens) are unstable places and threats to regional peace; that people around the world hate us because we're bullies, and that Bush's foreign policy crew (minus, ironically, the Secretary of State) are arguably the worst bullies ever.

I also have to disagree with Ned about Gephardt. Nobody has made it to the presidency straight from the House since Polk, over 160 years ago; the House just isn't a good staging ground for a modern presidential run. Besides, I think the Dems are poised to recapture the House at midterm elections, and Gephardt will happily settle for a return to the Speakership.
                  "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Rufus,
                    Gnu Ex Machina - the Gnu in the Machine

Comment

Originally posted by jimmytrick
                      Actually my post was mostly troll. I'll tell you what I really think later.

we need a cry smiley...

that is the best post ever
                      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Good for Gore!
                        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

John Kerry, 2004
                          "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                          ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                          "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Ralph Nader '04!
                            "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                            Drake Tungsten
                            "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                            Albert Speer

Comment

If we win the war in Iraq Gore will demand a recount! He is saying that because the world does not have a long attention span that we should not either. This time next year Europe will be sending their ships to Iraq and selling Volkswagens to the free people and buying their oil. And Gore will be looking for a job at Mc Donalds.

Comment

Working...
                              X