Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What invention do you think made the biggest impact on human civilization?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What invention do you think made the biggest impact on human civilization?

What invention do you think made the biggest impact on human civilization?

We're having this discussion at Historic-Battles, why not join the discussion ?

I propose the toilet
    If you want to discuss topics on History, with an emphasis on the military aspect.
    Visit: http://www.historic-battles.com/

Refrigeration.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Fire
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger
        Fire
        I dont think Fire is a human invention
        If you want to discuss topics on History, with an emphasis on the military aspect.
        Visit: http://www.historic-battles.com/

Comment

I was about to say the hammer, because hammers can have a great impact on human beings, but, after seeing your proposal, << the toilet >> I changed my mind, of course, if someone hits you with a toilet he can make a big impact on you.
          «… Santander, al marchar te diré, guarda mi corazón, que por él volveré ». // Awarded with the Silver Fleece Medal SEP/OCT 2003 by "The Spanish Civilization Site" Spanish Heroes: "Blas de Lezo Bio" "Luis Vicente de Velasco Bio" "Andrés de Urdaneta Bio" "Don Juan de Austria Bio"

Comment

Sliced bread
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Cities.

Comment

the credit card
                Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Since civilization was mentioned in the question I think agriculture is the key thing. No agriculture means civilization would be unlikely. We would still be wondering around as herders or hunter-gatherers.

Comment

Agriculture, writing, sanitation, antibiotics in that order
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

The mousetrap. People have tried, but nobody has succeeded in building a better mousetrap.
                      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Alcohol.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I propose the toilet
                          asians don't use toilets. they **** in holes in the floor, standing up.

well the japanese have som really fancy-ass(!) toilets though.
                          CSPA

Comment

Che got the first two correct, but I would put the printing press at #3 and the scientific method at #4.

Comment

condom
                              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Working...
                              X