No announcement yet.

Will Humanity Ever Unite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only way to unite Humanity is to silenece the consevatives and facists (a.k.a. Bush, Robert Mugabe, Saddam) who are stuck up nationalists and screw over the U.N.

I think it could happen by the time I'm 90 (2076)

Comment

I hope to God that humanity never unites, at least not under the present sort of situation where everyone will be ruled by Kofi Annan and Dag Hammarskjold types.
      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

I don't think there needs to be an "alien invasion". Just some group that all humans can identify as different.

Earth can unite were we placed in a situation similar to Star Trek. Our planet in constant contact with alien races acting as the various nations on Earth do today.

We'll always have the "Us and Them" problem. It's animal nature. Wolves have packs, lions have prides, etc, etc.

Comment

Re: Re: Will Humanity Every Unite?

Originally posted by Tassadar5000 Will Humanity Ever Unite?
          Hopefully not. This would mean the stagnancy of, and finally the end of evolution.

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
            it has killed millions.

we are talking about a holocaust performed by america which is not known because it is still a superpower.

expect the sh!t to hit the fan when it ceases to be.
            paiktis, I really wish you would tone down your anti-americanism. I really listen to your posts about Turkey and such. You should know that there are some Americans who would like to help.
            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

i expect we will only ever unite, and we should only ever unite when we become a space fairing nation. I mean stuff like metting other intelligent life and if it does possibly try to invade we will be strong.

But this won't happen till a nuke goes off in America (You can slow it down but its bownd to happen!).
              Help negate the vegiterian movement!
              For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

We are today united, in a sense, through the United Nations.

If one is talking about more: one law, one language, one army; that may take forever. I wouldn't hold my breath.
                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

the UN unites us?

really?

funny, doesn't seem that way most times.
                  B♭3

Comment

Will humanity ever unite?

Well, if u meant unite as a single nation, maybe, but not likely. If the Government of that nation that controls the world is from a particular group, or race then it will not last long. If the Goverment of that nation uses a true democratic gov't system, then its very likely to be separated again (people voting to be independent nation)

I just hope that humanity will unite, not in terms of a single government, language, and nation, but in terms of living in peace and harmony with each other.
                    someone teach me baduk

Comment

bump!

i want some opinion about my thoughts!
                      someone teach me baduk

Comment

The world will unite. We'll all hold hands and have a big group hug while singing Kumbaya and eating tofu.
                        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Re: Will Humanity Every Unite?

Originally posted by Tassadar5000
                          Will Humanity Ever Unite?
                          Only under the RED BANNER!

POWER TO THE SOVIETS!

Comment

The United Nations, the World Bank, the IMF and the WTO are the beginnings of a world government. The problem with the UN is that it is composed of nations with radically different and opposing interests that threaten to tear it apart. In order for the UN to really work, these differences have to reduced to virtual non existence first.

What this means in reality is that the Freeworld must spread democracy and free enterprise everywhere. If this is not done, conflicts and poverty will continue.
                            Last edited by Ned; September 24, 2002, 15:16.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                              We're all united in the grave.
                              Are you kidding? With the prices funeral homes charge I expect to get a grave of my very own, thank you very much. I and my heirs will be deeply peeved if they shove a few extra people in there with me.
                              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

The world will unite when everyone is sufficiently "Americanized". Note that our little greek heretic is using a quote from an American pop singer in his avatar even as he flames us. It's only a matter of time. Surrender now and avoid the rush!
                                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                                X