Make 1 & 2 euro coins into notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make 1 & 2 euro coins into notes

This was proposed by the Greek banks association to the ECB.
    very good move I think. In the minds of the people the 1 and 2 euro COINS are responsible for their undervaluation (alawys in the minds of the people).

Let's hope other National Banks will join this effort (Italian, Spanish and others) and so the change can be made.

I think the Germans want them turned into Marks
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

and I think you're too english

Comment

Not likely.

Notes are more expensive to produce than coins.
        That is why they chose coins in the first place.

It would be easier though.
        notes = euro's
        coins = cents
        (just like with dollars)
        veni vidi PWNED!

Comment

and it would also help contain inflationary pressures

Comment

Greece's Federation of Bank
            Employee Unions, representing 60,000 workers, said Europeans
            tend to undervalue the real worth of the one and two euro coins.
            "We believe the metallic form of these two coins is a
            serious reason for their undervaluation in the minds of Greeks
            and other European citizens,"
            I think they are very right.

Comment

I heard Germany was having problems with the Euro - the centrally set interest rates are giving them trouble with their domestic policy, they're trying to being down unemployment and failing. My Economics teacher reckons they'll have to drop out inside 10 years if the problem's not rectified.
              "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

2 Euros isn't worth enough to be a note.
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

People are idiots if they place more value in notes than coins. he reason the club med countries undervalue the 1 euro coin is that in their old currencies 1 unit was worthless, they just haven't got the hang of the new system
                  Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

Comment

Are you too repulsed to follow an american practice with the dollars?

The concern is legitimate. You are an idiot you readcheeky gay brit pertified of german domination.

Beside you're not in the eurozone so please shut up .

Comment

But 2 euro's is worth more than 1 US dollar.
                      veni vidi PWNED!

Comment

We had pound notes but got rid of them years ago because they cost too much to maintain. The Americans are still behind us.
                        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

you were wrong in doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                            Are you too repulsed to follow an american practice with the dollars?

The concern is legitimate. You are an idiot you readcheeky gay brit pertified of german domination.

Beside you're not in the eurozone so please shut up .
                            What have dollars go to do with anything.

I'm not Gay although the relevance is somewhat confusing anyway.

No-one will be in the eurozone before long and Greece will be first out

Comment

No we weren't. It's made life a lot easier. I no longer have a wallet full of manky old £1s. The coins are much nicer. Some people might have complained at the time but few people would say it was a bad thing now.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                              X