Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's That Time: Lombardi Handicappers League Season Four (FOOTBALL PICK'EM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My deepest apologies to my Fargin' Barsties teammates... just started my psych rotation, plus I was gone all weekend due to a wedding... just plum forgot to make picks with all the excitement.

The good news is that I probably wouldn't have gotten any right anyway. The Lions won, fer Peete's sake--sign of the apocalypse, that.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• SIGNS OF THE APOCALYPSE, Part II

Just quick and shameless bump to trumpet the fact of my
      VICTORY in WEEK 8!!!

What can this mean?

A. Another sign of the Apocalypse
      B. Blind pig finds acorn
      C. -Jrabbit finally getting it together
      D. NFL just too weird this year
      E. Everyone else just had a bad week
      F. All of the above
      G. All of the above except C
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Yeah, yeah.
        Edged out Mac, Cold Wizard, Imran, and, ahem, me.
        You think it's your birthday or something?
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Woohoo! Good job JRabbit! You and I had a good week, helping our team out good .
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I think he cheated.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Sore loser .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Congrats JRabbit... Must have been your lucky week.

And thanks for the round of Golf yesterday... The way you played just proves that it was indeed your lucky week.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Hmmm...

1. Won the Lombardi thing.
                  2. Shot 89 when I haven't broken 100 since early Sept.
                  3. Survived another year of the aging process.

If Cinci had gotten the point spread they deserved (or could avoid tripping over their own feet), the victory would have been a bit more definitive. (Thought they were getting 6-1/2 -- must be bad vision from old age.)

--If it's all just luck, I'll still take it.
                  --If I cheated, I just wish I could remember how I did it.

Of course, I'm so far behind in Lombardi, I'm no threat to the likes of Sloww & company. So you'll have to forgive me for basking in the glory of this presumably transient moment...

Always a pleasure to be out on the course with you, Ming. (An even greater pleasure to beat you -- for the first time EVER!!)
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• omfg what a bizarre week it was!!!

Comment

• I would like to apologize for my teammates in the Fargin' Bastiges for yet again not making my picks - this is the third week that I've missed and while I've had good reasons, I've done nothing but negatively impacted their chances for winning.

I hope that next year we can get rid of the teams and play just on individual scores alone. This way you're not dependent upon your teammates.

Comment

• That's ok. The teams are the second part of the compention. The individual has always been the most important to me. I wasn't even on a team last year so a win would have been nice I still want the solo title.

Thanks for teaming up with me anyways.
                        God---He's my favorite fictional charater.----Homer Simpson

Comment

Working...
                        X