Bear grabs & kills baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
    This is the very first time I have ever heard anyone call the Catskills 'a dangerous part of the country'. Its better known as a place where old comedians go to entertain old retired couples in retirement villages.
    That sounds very dangerous to me.

Have you ever seen groups of elderly people whipped up into a frenzy by a man telling jokes about his mother in law
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

"We're here. We're queer. We don't want anymore bears."
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Why'd she not get the stroller and shout to the children to get in ? Rather than let the bear have the stroller while she ushered the children in ?
        I don't know the answer to that one, although it appears that the bear already had the baby when the mother got to the door.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
          "We're here. We're queer. We don't want anymore bears."
          ...and that is so wrong on so many levels...

Comment

While this is a tragedy, remember that it is us humans who are invading the bears' natural habitats.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

The natural habitat of humans is where ever we happen to live. That is our nature.

Comment

The next thing will be that the bear was brainwashed by Arab terrorists to terrorise Hasidic Jews vacationing in the Catskills.

Tragic accident. Then again, idiot parents.

Comment

Idiot in what way?

Comment

The Bears are just responding to the decison by the US Government to allow more oil exploration
                    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

Comment

Tragic accident But I agree with UR and Mobius. It is a animal after all.
                      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

This is the very first time I have ever heard anyone call the Catskills 'a dangerous part of the country'
                        That's right, everyone knows that bears are actually big cuddly animals that are fun to feed and take pictures of.
                        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld

That's right, everyone knows that bears are actually big cuddly animals that are fun to feed and take pictures of.
                          According to that doccumentary cartoon set in an American national park bears only steal picnic baskets.
                          something has triggered them to go bad

Comment

The natural habitat of humans is where ever we happen to live. That is our nature.
                            Mad Monk, give me one reason why a bear shouldn't kill humans who are constantly harrassing it, or even if it just wants to have a snack?

Why shouldn't a shark eat or 'attack' a human swimming in the ocean?

Why shouldn't a venomous snake bite a person who's just steped on it? Or an insect bite a person who's trying to swat it?

Humans aren't above nature, but you're right - it is our nature to be so delusional and arogant as to think so.
                            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

As I said before, up until very recently bears have been endangered in that area, by which I meant pretty damn close to extinct.

The nature of the animal dosen't matter if it wasn't there to begin with. Those communities, by and large, are older than the recent bear presence.

Comment

Mad Monk, give me one reason why a bear shouldn't kill humans who are constantly harrassing it, or even if it just wants to have a snack?

Why shouldn't a shark eat or 'attack' a human swimming in the ocean?

Why shouldn't a venomous snake bite a person who's just steped on it? Or an insect bite a person who's trying to swat it?

Humans aren't above nature, but you're right - it is our nature to be so delusional and arogant as to think so.
                                Oh, no reason at all, which is why such creatures must either be removed or made to associate humans with death rather than food.

Comment

Working...
                                X